• 2(current)
Manually installing CrystalHD driver/lib/firmware
Scott B Wrote:Same thing. Hangs. I'm even executing that command within the tmp folder where I can see the .bin in the GUI. Sad

Maybe this helps?

How about using a real ssh client Smile I've seen issues with trying to do ssh things with WinSCP and using sudo.
I have currently the r26 drivers om my atv.
If i wanna install the new drivers, is this then a simple thing of only copying *.bin *.dylib and the *.kext to the same location and it should work?

Thanks for the great job again. enjoying this masterpiece of work "nearly" everyday Smile
davilla Wrote:How about using a real ssh client Smile I've seen issues with trying to do ssh things with WinSCP and using sudo.

btw, I use winscp a long time, never had problems. But i use putty in winscp, not the integrated console-thing i see here.

suggestion, try that (search for putty.exe, google and in winscp-settings fill in the location of that putty.exe)
Riderzzz Wrote:I have currently the r26 drivers om my atv.
If i wanna install the new drivers, is this then a simple thing of only copying *.bin *.dylib and the *.kext to the same location and it should work?

Thanks for the great job again. enjoying this masterpiece of work "nearly" everyday Smile

Yep, three pieces, driver, lib and the two firmware files.
davilla Wrote:Yep, three pieces, driver, lib and the two firmware files.

Great, copied and done Smile

How can i double check if the right drivers are loaded?
Riderzzz Wrote:Great, copied and done Smile

How can i double check if the right drivers are loaded?

kextstat, check the version, should be 0.3.5
davilla Wrote:kextstat, check the version, should be 0.3.5

i hope its 3.5.0, if so then it looks correct.
Riderzzz Wrote:i hope its 3.5.0, if so then it looks correct.

That's right, versioning can be confusing Smile
davilla Wrote:That's right, versioning can be confusing Smile

thanks fot the help davilla. If you're around you deserved a free beer at my place Smile
davilla Wrote:How about using a real ssh client Smile I've seen issues with trying to do ssh things with WinSCP and using sudo.

Success!

Hi all,

I got my BCM70015 card last week and have been trying to get it too work, but alas, not successfully.

Like Riderzzz, I've installed r26 thru the launcher, but realized that that was not the most recent build. So, just today, saw that the latest version r145 was available.

I've downloaded it and put the files in the following location:
- bcm70012fw.bin, bcm70015fw.bin and libcrystalhd.dylib in /usr/lib/
- BroadcomCrystalHD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

When I run kextstat, I see the following line

78 0 0x304bb000 0xb000 0xa000 com.broadcom.crystalhd.driver (0.9.26) <5 4 3 2>

When run dmesg, I don't see any output with Broadcom in it.

Also, the XBMC nightly build is r32661. Kext loaded successfully, and Broadcom kext was also loaded successfully.

Have rebooted many times, and have reconnected the card twice. Was there anything wrong I did?

Appreciate any help please. Thanks a lot.
ds129 Wrote:Hi all,

I got my BCM70015 card last week and have been trying to get it too work, but alas, not successfully.

Like Riderzzz, I've installed r26 thru the launcher, but realized that that was not the most recent build. So, just today, saw that the latest version r145 was available.

Also, the XBMC nightly build is r32661. Kext loaded successfully, and Broadcom kext was also loaded successfully.

Have rebooted many times, and have reconnected the card twice. Was there anything wrong I did?

did you look at the project homepage?

here some details i used:

Code:
sudo cp -r BroadcomCrystalHD.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo -S chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
sudo -S chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

sudo cp libcrystalhd.dylib /usr/lib/
sudo chmod 755 /usr/lib/libcrystalhd.dylib

sudo cp bcm70012fw.bin /usr/lib/
sudo cp bcm70015fw.bin /usr/lib/

These were my copy commands and it worked Smile
Yup. Have done those as well. Smile

Which version of XBMC are you using? I don't see any Broadcom option under System -> Video -> Playback in mine.
ds129 Wrote:Hi all,

I don't think you want BroadcomCrystalHD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext, a kext is a container file and looks like a directory so if you have BroadcomCrystalHD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext, then that's oh so wrong.
davilla Wrote:I don't think you want BroadcomCrystalHD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext, a kext is a container file and looks like a directory so if you have BroadcomCrystalHD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext, then that's oh so wrong.

Oops. Sorry, typo. The BroadcomCrystalHD.kext file is actually in /System/Library/Extensions/ Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually installing CrystalHD driver/lib/firmware0