[ATV] Relocating media to another drive
We're currently successfully streaming movies to the ATV with XBMC on a WLAN from an external disc attached to a Mac...

I'm planning on re-encoding my movie library from Video_TS to H.264 and writing these onto another hard drive - and relocating that second hard drive to attach via a Seagate Dockstar (a PogoPlug type NAS access device). This gets plugged directly into a network port on my WLAN router (and theoretically would also allow streaming over the internet as well as on WLAN).

The titles, directory, disc name scrapers etc. in the library etc. will all remain exactly the same - but the path of the share will change.

Is there any way of moving everything - or do I have to rebuild scrapers from scratch? Assuming no way of simply moving just the source path - I'll also want to remove the old path and scrapers - what's the fastest way to do this?

THIS?
Quote:Davilla says - "Nuke "/Users/frontrow/library/Application\ Support/XBMC" and XBMC will install a new, fresh copy of userdata."

The thing is, that the TheMovieDB, (or IMDB), do about a 90% correct job of scrapers, then one is left to manually doing the rest by hand. I'm not sure which is best between TMDB or IMDB - and so far haven't figured out how to circumvent random "guessed" titles and cover art being assigned to Video_TS folders which were never commercially released. :confused2:

Anyway, "tricking" XBMC into seeing the same drive and titles, just on another path might be useful.
Why not just export your library as separate files, exporting the thumbnail and fanart, then copy the exported library to wherever you have moved the files. Then add the path to your source and it'll scan in all the info automatically.
Thanks, this pointer led me to search a bit more and found a more detailed resource here - link

It's going to take me a couple of weeks to convert everything so I won't be ready until then, but this looks like the way to go!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Relocating media to another drive0