Weird Dharmas Ish with SD mpeg2's
Tried editing a chunk in windows movie maker and no go ! Any of you others with the issue provide a sample ?
Anyone Sad
I think I can make one, where should I upload it to?
megaupload, rapidshare, etc. Your choice of download service.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LN7F0YAI

It's only 5 seconds long, hopes this helps
This is not the answer you were hoping for, the sample plays fine for me... trunk and Dharma beta2 on Win 7.

ffmpeg says "Video: mpeg2video, Audio: ac3"

Is that short piece mis-detected on your system?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Yes, plays just fine on mine too. Guess I should have checked it before uploading. Strange though, that bit plays fine, but the whole movie won't.
Although I havent sectioned off a chunk like youve done I find that if i take an example of a film that wont work ("300" say) and run it through handbrake using h264 encoding it plays fine! so this must mean all the information is in the mpg just xbmc reads it as some crazy 5GB music CD.

Maybe when you made your sample it changed the fabric of it enough that xbmc sees it differently.
That's what I've been doing as well, encoding everything into h.264. Plays fine after that, and much smaller size.
Re-encoding isnt really an option as would take ages, and wanted to keep original quality. Just was pointing out that if same file is re-encoded that xbmc dharma sees it all ok Sad

Someone must have some idea Sad is there a way that I can get dharma to always force video playback purely based on extension name i.e. if its mpg always treat as video, mp3 treat as music etc etc
Yes, prepare a sample that shows the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Dharmas Ish with SD mpeg2's0