How to use DVDPlayer with FFDshow?
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to use DVDPlayer from XBMC to decode video (H264) together with and FFDShow to decode the audio part?

I need FFDShow for the dynamic audio compression. Volume is very too low when i watch a MKV!

Thanks for your susggestions!

Kwartz
no.
Use the DSPlayer branch

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355
I can't get 1080p smoothly with DSPlayer on my Revo 3610. That's why i want to know how to use DVDPlayer with an external audio decoder (DRC). It plays 1080p perfectly! but volume is a nightmare!

Maybe use Reclock with DVDPlayer? it also have a Audio compressor, but how?

Regards,

Kwartz
Can't be done - only option is the dsplayer branch as <<X>> suggested, though as you have found out it is pretty well unusable for most users at the moment
kwartz Wrote:I can't get 1080p smoothly with DSPlayer on my Revo 3610. That's why i want to know how to use DVDPlayer with an external audio decoder (DRC). It plays 1080p perfectly! but volume is a nightmare!

Maybe use Reclock with DVDPlayer? it also have a Audio compressor, but how?

Regards,

Kwartz

XBMC is self contained you cant use anything else with it that's why you need to use DSPlayer, if the current one doesn't work then learn to compile your own and find an older one that does which is what I did, killa sample for me runs as smooth as butter with DXVA or CoreAVC using an Asrock Ion Smile
Witch ION drivers you use? NVIDIA xx cause here DVDPlayer rocks DSPlayer!
Ok, I found a solution without using DSPlayer! Yes yes, with DVDPlayer (DXVA2) of XBMC! In fact, MKV 1080p 24p = 24fps for real... on screen too Wink

The solution:

Simply go to the sound settings of Windows 7, select your audio output and check under "Lecture", "Egalisation du niveau sonore" See image below (in french because I'm french Smile

The audio volume will be constantly normalized (compressed)!

Hope this will help!

Regards,

Kwartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use DVDPlayer with FFDshow?0