Subtitles out of sync after some time...
Hi,

I have quite a few episodes of a tv series, which I want to watch with english subtitiles.
When the episode begins, the subtitle is perfectly in sync but after some time it diverges (subtitle entries are too fast). At the end of a 45min episode it is about 10 seconds.
Just to mention: I am watching on a PAL 60 TV with episodes at 23.97 Hz (XVid).

I tried several builds (latest Dharma e.g.) but to no avail.

Can someone point out, if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for any hints!

Bellthane
could be a subtitle issue. Maybe you dont have the correct subtitle for the release you are watching. subtitles often goes out of sync after commercial breaks.

try them with another video player (like vlc) and see if you have the same problem, if you do it's a problem with your subtitles.

I.m using the latest dharma nightly and have no issues with my subtitles
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

I have the same problem! Sad
The subtitles work fine on VLC, but with XBMC they are out of sync!

The sync was off about 6 seconds at the end of 152 min movie...
Does anybody have any idea to fix this?
BoyWonder Wrote:Does anybody have any idea to fix this?

tried using http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437 to find the correct subtitle?
Amet Wrote:tried using http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437 to find the correct subtitle?
Subtitles are correct ones. Sad
They work on VLC just fine.
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is there any solution to this problem?

- The issue is the same whether you watch an entire show or jump to a certain mark.
- Other players work fine with the subs (tested mplayer and vlc).
- The offset seems linear / proportional to the time elapsed.
- Running on x64 ubuntu 10.10 with xmbc from the xbmc ppa.
EmpIzza Wrote:- The issue is the same whether you watch an entire show or jump to a certain mark.
- Other players work fine with the subs (tested mplayer and vlc).
- The offset seems linear / proportional to the time elapsed.
- Running on x64 ubuntu 10.10 with XBMC from the xbmc ppa.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Currently I'm running XBMC 10.0 on Mandriva.
Maybe it has to do with the video playback options, like "sync video to display" or "change TV hertz to match video" (whatever it's called)?
Prizm4 Wrote:Maybe it has to do with the video playback options, like "sync video to display" or "change TV hertz to match video" (whatever it's called)?
Well, I haven't enabled those. I also tried with fresh configuration and that didn't help.

I also did some more testing and found out that this only happens with certain video files. I have found some MKV files that trigger this problem and a bunch of MKV files that doesn't. Currently I haven't been able to find out what's different in those non-working files. I think that possible work-around would be to convert subtitles to srt-format, but I haven't tested it yet.

Here's XBMCs log when playing those files and mkvinfo about them. I couldn't find any clues there but hopefully someone will.

http://pastebin.com/UDNk4Mrm (working)
http://pastebin.com/XSVgKx0n (not working)
At least Plafe's issue was that the external FFmpeg that was in use didn't contain r23152: set avg frame rate in mkv demuxer.

10.0 Dharma's internal ffmpeg does contain it and is thus not affected by this issue.
Hi there, any solution on this? I'm having the same issue, the subs starts synchronized, but after some second they go out of sync more and more. Have to say this only happen with TV Shows in any screen PC and TV, maybe any NTSC PAL issue with TV shows and subs??
(2015-02-19, 01:00)rpablop Wrote: Hi there, any solution on this? I'm having the same issue, the subs starts synchronized, but after some second they go out of sync more and more. Have to say this only happen with TV Shows in any screen PC and TV, maybe any NTSC PAL issue with TV shows and subs??

It would probably be best to start a new thread. You're posting in a thread that is four years old and regarding XBMC 10.x, not Kodi 14.x/15.x
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles out of sync after some time...1