WhiteCool Icons and Backdrops for Alaska Revisited
I saw in one of the posting the MatteWhite Icons used. (free downloadable from Matte-white-square-icons/)

Real cool combind with Alaska I would say.
I combined them with black-white backdrops for a soft CoolWhite look.
Set is downloadable here: CoolWhite Set

Installation: copy the icons and backdrops to the right directory in your user profile
XBMC location Icons
[drive:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\extras\homeicons
and to:
[drive:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\extras\homelist

XBMC location Backdrops
[drive:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\extras\backdrops

The zip file shows the locations as well.
Examples (Alaska Revisited Unicode version, the normal version looks even cooler) :

WhiteCool Backdrops Home Default 1

WhiteCool HomeIcons

White Cool HomeIcons Horizontal

WhiteCool Home Default 2

WhiteCool Startscreen
How do you install these?
jjthefox Wrote:I saw in one of the posting the MatteWhite Icons used. (free downloadable from Matte-white-square-icons/)

Real cool combind with Alaska I would say.
I combined them with black-white backdrops for a soft CoolWhite look.
Set is downloadable here: CoolWhite Set

Examples (Alaska Revisited Unicode version, the normal version looks even cooler) :

WhiteCool Backdrops Home Default 1

WhiteCool HomeIcons

White Cool HomeIcons Horizontal

WhiteCool Home Default 2

WhiteCool Startscreen

Damn ! That looks very cool ...
a must have ...
Nod
thats class, im doing the same thing but with itunes icons.

scratch that those icons are better!
When your XBMC loads and you see the splash screen, do you get an X in the middle of the screen? Kinda ruins the clean splash screen. (Not using yours, just a question)

Also, would it be possible to have something like that Alaska splash screen as the screensaver, slowly moving around the screen? Like on windows...
kri kri Wrote:How do you install these?

Added the installation directories for icons and backdrops in case you are not familiar with this.
The zip file shows the locations as from the alaska revisited add-on directory

I hope this works now Smile
krish_2k4 Wrote:thats class, im doing the same thing but with itunes icons.

scratch that those icons are better!
Where can I see or download the itunes icons ?
t2ffn Wrote:When your XBMC loads and you see the splash screen, do you get an X in the middle of the screen? Kinda ruins the clean splash screen. (Not using yours, just a question)

Also, would it be possible to have something like that Alaska splash screen as the screensaver, slowly moving around the screen? Like on windows...

The X is probably from the mouse cursor. (a red X, right>)
turn mouse support off , and try again.
The idea for the screensaver is great. I dont have experience in that, but its worth too look into.
Maybe request this as a feature in the next alaska release to Hitcher ?
I'm looking to create my own backdrops, what is the best size to use?
PANiCnz Wrote:I'm looking to create my own backdrops, what is the best size to use?

My backdrops are 640x360 (half SD size) wide which is more than ok to use as backdrops in standard home view.
If you use the backdsrops as background (Icon views), they are 'scaled up' a bit, making them a bit fuzzy (but as its transparant white overlay, you hardly see it)
you can go for 1280x720 wide drops (SD size), but makes it slower to load on some machines.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WhiteCool Icons and Backdrops for Alaska Revisited0