IMHO this is what XBMC should be
what us geeks expect the next generations of dvd players to be. before dmc hits us all.

ie the ability to put in a dvd of any media (movie, old console game, mp3, text ) and the program to auto-launch it in the most sensible way.

the ability to integrate with the internet seemlessley so when u press the info button u get imdb or cddb information. u could possibly go to a films official fan site or whatever...

the ability to act as a recorder of most media ( by recording through usb tv tuner cards, audio input, or be able to "rip" dvds to the best container type. )

controversially the ability to download content through p2p networks.

this product sounds like an absolute killer app for the xbox so keep up the gr8 work
i agree in part, but have a strong suggestion. there are major hardware limitations in using the xbox as a video recording device. i think it should certainly be able to control or stream from other systems, i.e. tivo, myth, etc..  but i would make this suggestion:

create a general sister app (with both a windows and linux version), that can function as a brainless tivo using the xbmc as the head. this is kind of reinventing the wheel, as myth tv already functions this way. however, you gain added control of the features you want, and assurance that the app would be fully compatible with the xbmc. this would also give you the expanded development options and resources (including programers) availible with windows and linux development, as opposed to the relatively small amount of xbox programmers. all the xbmc would need to do is send control information and recieve the streams....

just a thought.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMHO this is what XBMC should be0