[WINDOWS] HDMI connection to Onkyo TX-SR605 & Sony Bravia
Hi All,

I'm a little new to XBMC but definitely not new to computers... but have found some trouble with my display after connecting through the receiver.

Using Windows 7, I can connect my ATI 5770 -> HDMI -> Bravia LCD and the display is perfect after removing the underscan from CCC. Happy days.

If I connect via the receiver, Windows detects this as expected but the display text becomes difficult to read and appears too sharp etc. The whole display is completely different and its not just a matter of running the Cleartype wizard to clean up the text.

Any ideas? I was hoping to change the display in Windows/Catalyst back to the TV as the receiver is just doing 1080p pass-thru as far as I know, but don't seem to be able to find an appropriate driver.
I would add another cheap remote driven HDMI switch and run my components through that instead of the receiver if you are not using the receiver's HDMI audio capabilities.

Thanks for the idea, but I am using the HDMI audio... I have an M-Audio 192 card which I could run SPDIF out to receiver, and HDMI direct to TV but trying to avoid this as receiver is TrueHD compatible and as far as I know spdif doesn't have the bandwidth of HD audio Sad It's an easy workaround but will become a limitation in future I guess.
Anyone else? surely I'm not the only one connecting through a receiver and having the display quality change negatively?
Hi,

I have an Asus M3N78-VM with HDMI connected to my Onkyo 605 - no problems with picture quality.
My HTPC is running under Linux and I have deactivated the ECCID - the resolution is manually configured.
And btw. after the receiver I have an HDMI 1->2 Switch to have the same picture on my Projector and LCD.

regards
My GitHub. My Add-ons:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HDMI connection to Onkyo TX-SR605 & Sony Bravia0