The basics of media flags
I've seen this in the FAQ but I think it's out of date...

Quote:
Since the release of Stark, Aeon has the ability to display png images, called "media flags", highlighting certain meta information about your movies, including the studio, source type (e.g., bluray, hd-dvd, etc.), resolution and audio type. However, native support for media flags has not yet been added to xbmc, so Aeon uses a bit of hacking to get the job done. A detailed guide to setting up your library for media flags is available here and here.

...because I've also seen references to this being handled natively in XBMC now, without the need for the hack.

Could someone kindly let me know what I need to enable this?

I'm running the latest official release of both XBMC and STARK, and have the relevant info in my NFOs courtesy of Ember (not in the studio tags).

Do I need to be using nightly builds and betas of things to get this functionality working? I'd rather avoid those if possible, but filtering by resolution is important to me.

Thank you.
I used to have a similar problem but could not solve it satisfactorily, thus I decided to go for something more up-to-date. Maybe you could try this for a start (Thanks to Phil65 and Pix):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=594...tcount=398

It contains a very recent version of XBMC, an Aeon descendant called Aeon65 and some other useful stuff. Studio flags (most of them) are also contained in Aeon65 by default. Plus, you will benefit from a lot of other useful things such as the new add-on repository. Start this XBMC with the -p (portable) command and you won't even have to alter your current userdata. You will also need an option more or less called "extract metadata from media file" (not sure about the exact wording atm, but will look it up tonight if necessary). If you have some questions just let us know.

Good luck.
Tom Whitaker Wrote:I've seen this in the FAQ but I think it's out of date...

...because I've also seen references to this being handled natively in XBMC now, without the need for the hack.

Could someone kindly let me know what I need to enable this?

I'm running the latest official release of both XBMC and STARK, and have the relevant info in my NFOs courtesy of Ember (not in the studio tags).

Do I need to be using nightly builds and betas of things to get this functionality working? I'd rather avoid those if possible, but filtering by resolution is important to me.

Thank you.

Hehe, newest Version of Aeon Stark, that´s funny Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Haha, OK, good point Smile

I've just read up on Aeon65 and plan to install that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The basics of media flags0