Missing films from my library
Hi all,

first post, and i've done some searching and couldnt find a post with my exact issue/setup/circumstances so decided to post. Go easy on me !

So i've got a Zotac XBOX HD11 and after a huge amount of effort (nearly gave up tbh) i've now got XBMC Live (a xbmcfreak download from a couple of weeks ago) on it including working sound! yay.

The only problem i've got is that my library doesnt contain all the videos which ive got in the path provided (SMB share), and I dont understand why not.

Can anybody shed any light on why XBMC chooses to list, or not list some files? is there some criteria for exclusion like file types etc etc? I thought it could be because they are .m4ts files but i've also got examples where it doesnt show mkv's too. Confused... It patently scans the directory, so why should it exclude some items?

I have XBMC pointing to smb://homesvr/movies (hosted on a win7 32bit machine if that makes any diff)

Inside that share is something like this...

Film1 <dir>
Film2 <dir>
Film3 <dir>

and inside each folder is the respective film in pretty much any old format including .avi .mkv .m4ts .iso etc. I also have YAMMM running on the server which does all the renaming and sorting of NFO's etc etc. This seems to work great.

I've read a debug log would be helpful but havent got around to working out how to create one (complete linux noob), and thought there would be standard top 10 reasons the library isnt populating.

thanks in advance.
Here's a likely reason - some of your movies/folders are named incorrectly and the scraper isn't picking them up. Either rename them, or go through the file view and scrape them manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing films from my library0