Audio stream / Squeezebox integration
I don't know if this should be posted here or in feature requests. I have read the FAQ and performed extensive searches, but I don't seem to have found anything relevant.

Currently, I am using XBMC to play my videos, and the normal squeezebox server web interface to play my music. While this works great for me, it's not as user-friendly as I would like it to be. I was wondering if XBMC has the ability to pass (non-decoded) audio to a network stream, which I could point my squeezebox at?

On a more ambitious level, I plan to put some time into investigating the plugin interface to see if it's possible to bypass the built-in ability of XBMC to play music, and instead just release commands to the squeezebox server. I see that one or two people have already attempted it, but as far as I know, the plugins themselves were never released.

EDIT: Thinking about it, a simple stream may not solve the problem -- I think the squeezebox will expect the stream to be in a particular format, and my music is in FLAC, mp3 etc. Without first transcoding all the music, I don't think that simply streaming the files would work.
I think squeezebox supports UPnP.. So i really should get going on making XBMC function as a UPnP Controller.. Would allow you to push any music found in xbmc to the squeezebox for playback and control play/pause and such from xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hmm.. some more googling seems to reveal that it doesn't currently support UPnP Renderer service so that'd be a no go.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This seems to be a timely request! According to the author of Whitebear Media Server (a UPnP frontend for Squeezebox Server), he is currently in the process of testing the UPnP Renderer functionality -- see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.p...stcount=35

I was wondering if there was a time estimate for UPnP Controller functionality (and if it is a concrete future feature)?

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio stream / Squeezebox integration0