Issues with a Remote and custom keymapping
Hi guys, I hoped my first post wouldn't be a "I need help" topic, but looks like fate has conspired against me. I have been using XBMC for a few weeks and worked through most of my troubles so far, but this one has stumped me

I am having trouble using my new remote with XBMC (details below). I have used keyboard.xml to map most of the keys I am interested in (the 6 at the top) but I am having trouble with the "i" button and the "Start" (launch MCE) button.

I have tried using registry entry from here (double click and accept changes)
but it doesn't work. After restarting my PC the remote doesn't behave any differently. I have tried the CreateTestConfig.reg and I get the same results.

Could it be something to do with windows7 registry? Or am I just being a complete muppet and missing something?

Conroe 2.6 Ghz dual core
2Gb RAM
8800 GTS - driver 258.96
Windows 7, 64bit Build 7600
XBMC 10.5 r32102
D'oh

From the link I provided in the OP Wrote:Note that the the i button sends a right mouse click, which isn't much use in XBMC as the right click can't be mapped to an action. There is no way round this without using some helper app like Eventghost, but the Info action could be mapped to one of the other buttons.

Looks like I will be using Eventghost.
The VRC-1100 sends a right mouse click when you press the i button, which is bugger all use to XBMC. It is not a full Microsoft compatible so it will just ignore the .reg files from (I assume) mceremote.zip. I don't know of any way to get the i button working on the VRC-1100.

You could use one of the other buttons to do the same as "i", or just junk the VRC-1100. Mind you it's quite a nice remote apart from the problem with "i". I'm currently using a VRC-1100 myself.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with a Remote and custom keymapping0