ION + Windows 7 + XBMC = 1080p Success?
I just have to ask to satisfy myself. Are there people that run xbmc for windows that can play all 1080p content that they throw at it flawlessly?

I am running the AT3IONT-I DELUXE board with the latest nightly builds, (and now the dharma beta), and no matter what I do I cannot get smooth (or ever watchable because of the constant buffering) playback of uncompressed blu ray rips.

But then I read people on here with ion setups that seem to praise them running xbmc for windows at which point I convince myself that something must not be set up right

I have installed the latest drivers for everything too for the record; and can play these files flawlessly with other programs (windvd i believe).

Thanks for any response in advance.
if they're in an ion accelerate-able codec and encoded properly....yes

check you have dxva enabled and if no option check you're not running xbmc in xp compatibility mode.

could even try searching the exact words ion your thread title for hundreds of results
Make sure you have 512mg set in the bios for the gpu. I know the zotac boards default the ion gpu to 64.

I use an atom 330 plus ion setup(Zotac motherboard nor Asus) and windows 7(I dual boot but often find myself using the win7 XBMC) and I get no stutter on high end 1080p. I don't use uncompressed bluray rips but have used 15gig rips before without fail. Are you using a recent build or the official build? The official windows build does not have gpu acceleration. You'll need to download a nightly(beta) build. I've never seen xbmc stop and buffer unless I'm streaming over the net. Are you streaming uncompressed bluray over a wireless network? Try a wired one just to see if perhaps your wireless can't handle such a large file?

Those are all the suggestion I can think of, goodluck
I too use an Atom/ION based Zotac DIY setup and have had no problems with 1080 content. However, some of the heavier skins like Aeon are not as smooth as I would like as the Atom processor just doesn't have enough horsepower. Also, in this set up make sure you use the advancedsettings.xml <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> as that makes a world a difference in displaying large fanart files (it uses the ION's CUDA support). Yeah, I know these suggestions have nothing to do with actually playing 1080 content, but thought you may find this useful later on.
akelley Wrote:I too use an Atom/ION based Zotac DIY setup and have had no problems with 1080 content. However, some of the heavier skins like Aeon are not as smooth as I would like as the Atom processor just doesn't have enough horsepower.

A lot of the problem is the slow HDs stuck with ION systems.

Throw in a SSD, and its a whole different ballgame.

That's interesting, Poofy, is that a fact? Just wondering. I always thought it was the lower processing power of the Atom that caused the slow down in Aeon. I've a got a pretty decent HD in my set up (7200 RPM) but maybe an SSD would really make a big improvement.
akelley Wrote:I too use an Atom/ION based Zotac DIY setup and have had no problems with 1080 content. However, some of the heavier skins like Aeon are not as smooth as I would like as the Atom processor just doesn't have enough horsepower. Also, in this set up make sure you use the advancedsettings.xml <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> as that makes a world a difference in displaying large fanart files (it uses the ION's CUDA support). Yeah, I know these suggestions have nothing to do with actually playing 1080 content, but thought you may find this useful later on.

COPIED FROM sedj

<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>

You need to create the advancedsettings.xml just use notepad and save as "all types" instead of the default txt, place in your appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata folder if using win7.

Just look in the movie folder at each moviescreen one at a time for a few seconds each and it generates a dds file automatically. Next time you look at your library it loads instantly, i have this on my acer revo with 1gb of memory and it works.
Well, I decided to install xbmc live as a dual boot and use that; in the process however, I managed to corrupt or delete my installed windows OS (bad), BUT then I angrily had to reinstall a fresh copy of windows, download xbmc anew, then recompile my library from scratch.....then, everything just worked. No clue as to why. Nothing I had ever tried before would, but now it works perfectly with everything I throw at it. Mystified, but pleasantly surprised.
Quote:can play these files flawlessly with other programs

his hard drive is just fine
video plays amazing now with dharma on my acer revo. but i am getting "buffering" pauses every 30mins or so.
HushTheCrowd Wrote:video plays amazing now with dharma on my acer revo. but i am getting "buffering" pauses every 30mins or so.
lol, wat?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION + Windows 7 + XBMC = 1080p Success?0