No Thumbnails in Library Mode after clearing cache
Ok...I was going to post this in the xbox forum but i see its now closed Sad i guess ill just post it here since its still xbmc related

I had thumbnails for all my media before i cleared my cache, but after a restart thumbnails arent regenerating. Thumbs regenerate in file mode but not library mode? Ive tried almost everything from setting content to clearing the library, but still no thumbnails. If i play a song or media the thumbnail shows up but only for whatever i play. Seeing as how i have tons of media on here it would take days to do it this way. I use a script to clear my cache, its just a simple script that deletes everything in Q:/Userdata/thumbnails (im using xbmc on xbox ) i dont think its the script though. Im also using Transparency! skin but i have a feeling my problem is xbmc related. Is there a script or anything to regenerate thumbnails? or possibly a workaround for this problem? its driving me nuts
I suggest you pop over to the good folk at xbmc4xbox - they'll be more likely to be able to answer. For music you will have to delete your database and rescan. Probably the same for videos.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think ill head on over to xbmc4xbox and ask around, and while i wait for a reply ill try deleting the database and rescanning. where is the database file located? is this the same as clearing the library?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Thumbnails in Library Mode after clearing cache0