need some help finishing my XBMC pc, lots of random issues!
hey guys,

im running a windows 7 pc streaming off a media server.

ive almost finished my XBMC pc but still have a few nagging issues to work out. and im hoping you guys can help! im worried it may be hard to squash all these bugs.....

First, i cannot get the machine to wake from the remote. Im using a logitech harmony one. im suspect its because i dont have wake on usb enabled in the bios. well i may but im not sure that brings me to another question.

so the machine is connected via dvi to hdmi to a panasonic S1 plasma. i dont see the bios or the machine post. i just see it once i get into windows. is it possible to watch the machine boot up? because as of right now i have to move it to an actual PC monitor to check my bios settings. which is one reason why i havent done it yet.

i had problems getting the machine to work with hdmi to hdmi and could only get it to post correctly to the plasma with a dvi to hdmi.

also, im using onboard optical out to run to a receiever. every once in a while i get an error that says failed to initialize audio device. i can fix this by restarting the computer. i dont know what causes this.

another issue im having is that certain shows do not show up in library mode. when i turn off library mode i can see them. it will even happen sometimes within a show. ill lose a single season. any ideas?

another issue, sometimes when i wake the machine from suspend i will have end up with xbmc not full screen. it may be stuck int he upper left corner or something. i dont know how to restore full screen from the remote and usually end up exiting and restarting xbmc.

last question for now, randomly, about every other time. when i wake the system from standby i have to switch the source on the tv from hdmi 1 (video switching receiver) to hdmi 2 and back to hdmi1. when i flip it back and forth the tv picks up the single.

so often the order for me to start of the xbmc is to tap the keyboard to wake it, flip source from tv back and forth. then resume watching.

if youve made it this far thanks!

any help is MUCH appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need some help finishing my XBMC pc, lots of random issues!0