• 11(current)
24p and audio sync issues
unfortunately thats not a real fix, as globally delaying things may help and may not help. the main issue as I can tell is xbmc is just not syncing properly. i've had films that were synced properly go out of sync right during the middle of the film while they had been in sync for 45 minutes already, a quick check of the on screen stats showed that the missed counter was now steadily increasing, pushing play/pause a few times got the missed counter to stop increasing and sync was back.

compounded by the fact that i was told if you watch at double the frame rate, like 50hz on 25hz material, it will work fine, which it does. but most people can't watch at 48hz for 24p or 96hz or whatever.

and especially if you have an issue like i have with nvidia where it plays okay typically with one container type and needs delays with other container types, setting delays doesn't work very well. if it works for you, thats great, likely for certain people, probably AMD cards, this would be a good fix.
I have the same problem here. Zotac with AMD, win 7. All my 24p .mkv are out of a/v sync ://
What is the best soution/workaround to this issue. what are other people doing?

Would running the desktop at 24 permanently help? Or if My tv can do 48hz, would that?

At the moment I am trying the AV delay patch in advanced settings to add a delay of somewhere in the middle of what is actually needed on 24p ac/dts so the the 24p stuff that does play okay doesn't go totally out of sync due to the adjustment. Not sure I am happy with this tho.
Tomeq Wrote:I have the same problem here. Zotac with AMD, win 7. All my 24p .mkv are out of a/v sync ://

For the AMD version. You could use the xvba implementation on linux. Together with an optimized Sync Playback to Display and RefreshRate changing - everything is fine.

See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-03-09, 15:14)fritsch Wrote:
Tomeq Wrote:I have the same problem here. Zotac with AMD, win 7. All my 24p .mkv are out of a/v sync ://

For the AMD version. You could use the xvba implementation on linux. Together with an optimized Sync Playback to Display and RefreshRate changing - everything is fine.

See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

Tried this thank you, and there is a definite improvement but is still slightly out of sync if I change refresh rate automatically.

I'll try an nvidia card to see if there any difference, on payday.
i can tell you that an nvidia card will not make it better, i am just using mpc hc as an external player now. if my theory is correct and from what I can tell from the xbmc developer that said the same thing, if you can run at double the refresh rate, that should fix the syncing issues.

25p material plays without issue for me, but thats because it syncs at 50 hz, something about being at the same refresh rate and missing the syncs or something.

I don't think xvid/avi will ever play well, but most of those are garbage anyway.

i really think one of the main solutions is to get the refresh rate via D3D instead of directdraw, but no one with the skills has implemented that. as it is, xbmc is always reading higher than the refresh rate. I would have though nothing of that except in reclock, if i use directdraw, it does the same thing, but when i use d3d to get refresh rate, it sets it correctly.
Oh no!! Well I need a new card anyway as mine sounds like a jumbo jet on take off. I will try the gt430 as other people on linux have said good things.

Regarding refresh rate, are you saying that if I set my tv to 48hz I wont get sync issues on 24p material?
I had this same problem with the main branch xbmc. I now use the dsplayer version currently being refreshed by 0wing. It's dahrma but it works perfectly. Do a search for a simple walk through on how to set it up with the LAV encoders which will auto adjust the audio sync (added bonus - works with 10-bit encodes and hd audio bitstreaming). Latest build is 3-7 I think. Highly recommend for windows users. Fixed my problems right up.
Frustration, I have tried the global av delay patch but am unable to get consistent results.

After much experimenting the only way I can get 24p material to play back in sync is by disabling the autorefresh changer. To get playback smooth I need to set my desktop at 24hz which has implicatons for other material such as live tv. Even when my desktop is at 24hz and the refresh changer is on I still get the audio sync issue.

I have looked at the refresh override settings in advancedsettings.xml but cant find an optimal solution. Is there a way I can leave the refresh changer enabled but for it to ignore 24p material? That way I can leave my desktop at 24hz and the refresh rate changer will only kick in for 50 & 60 hz material etc...? Or what is the best compromise to overide to for 24p. My tv supports 24, 50 & 60 hz.
(2012-03-15, 17:08)tubby Wrote: I had this same problem with the main branch xbmc. I now use the dsplayer version currently being refreshed by 0wing. It's dahrma but it works perfectly. Do a search for a simple walk through on how to set it up with the LAV encoders which will auto adjust the audio sync (added bonus - works with 10-bit encodes and hd audio bitstreaming). Latest build is 3-7 I think. Highly recommend for windows users. Fixed my problems right up.

Current 0wing version is Eden!
Wink
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
After more experimenting I get perfect sync now with the refresh changer on BUT I have to disable vertical blank sync in xbmc system settings. I also have to disable the tear free setting in the ati control centre, with this enabled it goes out of wync as well.

I have vsync on in the aticonfig command line and now all *seems* good but I get very slight tearing now and then and the menus tear but this is much better than sync issues I was suffering.

Why is this? Will/can it be fixed? :-)
(2012-03-16, 13:05)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 17:08)tubby Wrote: I had this same problem with the main branch xbmc. I now use the dsplayer version currently being refreshed by 0wing. It's dahrma but it works perfectly. Do a search for a simple walk through on how to set it up with the LAV encoders which will auto adjust the audio sync (added bonus - works with 10-bit encodes and hd audio bitstreaming). Latest build is 3-7 I think. Highly recommend for windows users. Fixed my problems right up.

Wink

Pretty sure it "pre-Eden"
That could be. But pre-Eden is not Dharma.
Smile
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
(2012-03-23, 19:33)tubby Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 13:05)vicmanpergar Wrote:

Wink

Only reading thread titles can be dangerous.
Unless we're splitting hairs and are calling RC2 "Pre-Eden" too.
(2012-03-23, 22:32)0wing Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 19:33)tubby Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 13:05)vicmanpergar Wrote: Current 0wing version is Eden!
Wink

Only reading thread titles can be dangerous.
Unless we're splitting hairs and are calling RC2 "Pre-Eden" too.

Yeah well, whatever, what i meant is just saying the current DSplayer build 0wing is supporting is just uptodate (or very uptodate), and it is not a Dharma one. I personally go around every day on his thread and download new builds periodically. I'm not saying he drops them each day, but from time to time when there's something new to merge, he uses to merge it with DSplayer. (And i hope he'll keep on doing it, can't live without Dsplayer by the moment, lol)
HTPC
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24p and audio sync issues8