[New Skin] Kid friendly skin Mockup
Just doing a little brain storming on how a kid (2-5 year) friendly skin would look and act.

Some ideas would be limiting move/tv shows watched a day. tv shows would be on random play, more like a real station. and key combo to get out and back in kid mode.

i would love to have backgrounds that coincide with time and local weather.

Nice idea, the backgrounds look cool. Basing the backgrounds on time and weather would be quite easy to do. Limiting the amount of movies watched per day is not something you could enforce. Not at skin level anyway.
If you want random videos use this script -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79378
Could it be a plug-in that would auto start? I would assume one could put a limit on videos watched.
You can run it at start up or whenever you like from the press of a button.
My main request for this skin is that is adaptable to age groups. Kids grow up and get board of seeing the same graphics, new fads come out all of the time, and one minute it could be bambi, the next it could be thomas the tank engine.

The main thing for this skin should be the ease of use, and not so much the graphics, they should really be skinable.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
I've been looking for something like this, did this ever materialize? This or something similar to this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Skin] Kid friendly skin Mockup0