[Dharma] auto frequency switch in menus?
Gotcha - though I think I'm with Hitcher on this one. The switch from 50 to 60hz certainly doesn't have an adverse effect on menu navigation, but have you tried the same in 24hz mode. Slow, stuttery and horrible to navigate?, would far rather have the 1-2 second switching issue to revert to display default after playback than be stuck navigating in 24hz.
Jackie78 Wrote:I don't think you understand me right: all I want is that XBMC keeps the current refresh rate as long as possible. For example. my desktop (and so the XBMC menus) is set to 60Hz. Now I play a movie at 50Hz. Rereshrate switches, that's okay. Now I stop that movie, XBMC goes back to the menu, Refreshrate switches to 60Hz again. Why? This switch is unnecessary, XBMC should keep the last refresh rate, until I play a file that requires another switch.
Seriously, what's a few seconds between playing one video and another (assuming it's a different refresh rate anyway).
Just set XBMC to whatever is the most common refresh rate of your videos.
That's not really helpful, I often do switch to the menu while watching videos, and every switch to the menu gives me a couple of seconds blackscreen. Besides, I often do browse different video files to seek for a scene or a music title. Why not make another checkbox in the settings menu? It could be called:

[ ] only switch frequency if required

and everyone would be happy Smile Seriously, that would be a great improvement, making XBMC the most flexible mediaplayer out there Wink
I believe there has been discussion about not switching until the video stops (i.e. if you switch back to UI while the video is still playing we don't flick refresh rates back.) which somewhat makes sense.

The ideal, as suggested, would be for you to run at 48Hz (assuming you're in NTSC land) - that way no switch would be required. Not sure how easy it is to set that up, or if your TV would support it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Seems this was never answered and I still can't find this option anywhere in XBMC so I'm here with some extra oil for this fire.

Frequently I navigate through XBMC during the playback of a song with a video, switching from the video of that song to the menu takes a few seconds where playback continues so I will miss a part of the song and as some of you may know, that kindof takes the feel out of a song.

Since most of these are 50hz the navigation will not have an impact.

Funny thing is, when you playback a song with just audio and milkdrop is running, XBMC will keep to the framelimit set in Milkdrop. This was 20fps default here so I could clearly notice the difference but it wasn't much of a hassle navigating with such a low refresh rate. (actually it was at 60hz but the interface was limited to ~20fps)

So once again in short, could someone please add a function of keeping the refresh rate of the last played video? Maybe a hotkey for returning to default.

This would make playback of videos much more appealing and isn't that what XBMC is all about? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Dharma] auto frequency switch in menus?0