Jerky Browsing w/ Mac Mini and Dharma B1
Hey guys,

I've finally managed to get Dharma B1 downloaded and everything set up (not having proper 'net access slowed me down a bit), and I've been having a go with it.

With Camelot, browsing used to be a smooth experience; apart from loading of thumbs when zooming along too fast, everything was perfect. When you moved to the next cover (using a view like Poster Wrap), the animation was smooth, no jerkiness at all.

Not so with Dharma B1. Obviously, I realise that this is a beta, but I thought I'd report it, in case it's an issue that hasn't been caught. When I move to the next poster, it animates for a second, then pauses and then pops in at full size. I've tested in Confluence and Alaska, so it's not a skin issue.

My system: Mac Mini (Early 2009), 2.26GHz and 4GB RAM. Nvidia 9400M. Connected up to a 720p HDTV, not sure about refresh rates etc.
Debug log is here. For this log, I've disabled scanning upon load, chosen Movies, scrolled a few times (with the jerkiness), backed out, gone to TV, scrolled (jerky) and quit.

I previously had the advanced setting for dds on, and waited until it generated all my dds files. The scrolling was the same. So I turned it off, just in case, but haven't removed any dds files.

Anyways, I'm going to try a nightly, just in case something has already been fixed, but as that's going to take a good few hours to download, if someone could look through the log, that'd be awesome.

Cheers guys, Sean.

Edit: During the debug log, I had XBMC windowed. I have also tried it full screen, same issue.
Smenus, do you use an IR Remote or a mouse when browsing ? I experienced the same issue when I use in XBMC my Apple Remote. If I use the mouse (targus Wireless mouse) the reponse time is much quicker.
Hi StillSchweiger,
I have the input method set to Harmony mode, but was actually using a wired keyboard for the test. I'll have a go at disabling the remote, see if that does anything.
Thanks for the reply!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky Browsing w/ Mac Mini and Dharma B10