• 1(current)
IMDB - new layout
Hi all,

I just checked IMDB for one movie, and recognized that the layout has been changed a little bit. Then using IMDB scrapper to get information for some new added movies, I can see that some information could not be gotten (ie Title etc...). I believe IMDB needs some updates in order to work properly with the new layout.

Thanks,

D.
Suggesting some movies that have this feature (and even better, some filenames or URL links to those movies) might be helpful, in case there is someone out there willing to work on the scraper.

This is why we recommend themoviedb - it doesn't change arbitrarily like this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Suggesting some movies that have this feature (and even better, some filenames or URL links to those movies) might be helpful,
I dont really get what you meant by "this feature". But anyway, I did not put any link or movie's name since it happens to every movies Smile. The layout change and from I can see, the scrapper can not get Title and Genre anymore.
jmarshall Wrote:... in case there is someone out there willing to work on the scraper..
I am willing to work on that, but I have to understand how the imdb.xml works at first Smile. My programming skill is very limited.
jmarshall Wrote:This is why we recommend themoviedb - it doesn't change arbitrarily like this.
Maybe I will try themoviedb.
Can confirm this is the same for me. No movie titles when using IMDB scraper, for any movies.

themoviedb does seem to be quicker though, so maybe i'll switch back to using that. I never liked IMDB's spoilerific plots anyway Smile
What movies does this happen with? Just did a scan with some movies that came out in 2010 and everything was fine. Using Dharma Beta 1 with the IMDB scraper.
I'm also having this problem -- every newly scanned movie on Dharma with the imdb scraper is missing information, most notably the title.

debug log here: http://gleam.pastebin.com/Q3DSr8BW

I've had to switch to tmdb in the meantime, which is less complete Sad
What are you guys using? windows? mac? linux? I am on XBMC live and I am experiencing no problems what so ever with the IMDb scraper.
ii xbmc 2:10.00~svn33324-lucid1 XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)

from the team-xbmc-svn ppa.
Am having this problem as well, running Dharma Beta 1 on Windows. Studio, Year, Runtime, Plot plus Thumb and Fanart are there but no Title and other info.
Here is my debug log if it helps
Krazed Wrote:Am having this problem as well, running Dharma Beta 1 on Windows. Studio, Year, Runtime, Plot plus Thumb and Fanart are there but no Title and other info.

Sam e issue here, but not with all movies .. haven't figured out which ones come up empty and which ones are ok (but i have many of them have nfo files)

sorry, linux svn 33324 (ubuntu 9.10)
Krazed Wrote:Am having this problem as well, running Dharma Beta 1 on Windows. Studio, Year, Runtime, Plot plus Thumb and Fanart are there but no Title and other info.

What language do you guys have as language preference?
What specific movies are receiving this issue?
olympia Wrote:What language do you guys have as language preference?
Ah just Keep Original. Also tried out USA/International and one of the others, but it didn't make any difference.

mobious Wrote:What specific movies are receiving this issue?
Well every movie for me. Went and tried a few random ones (including Avatar, 3:10 to Yuma, The Presitge, Goodfellas, Blade, The Shining, Platoon, 1408... if you wanted some examples) and none of them worked.
Same for me. No titles showing up, in any movie searches...

Language set is original, running Dharma beta 1 on Linux ubuntu karmic.
Wow...

Glad I saw this topic so I know I am not losing my mind.

This same thing happened to me a couple days ago when I added 2 new movies to my setup.

They were missing the titles and some basic media flag info.

Here are the movies in question though I dont think its relevant as they are old titles....

The Princess Bride
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

I am using AppleTV.

Obviously something going on with the IMDB scrape that may need a look.

EDIT... Should have also added that the plot info, cover and fan art came through OK, but the TITLES were completely missing along with some basic media flags.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB - new layout0