• 6(current)
IMDB - new layout
I had the same problems with the new layout so I added some cases to the imdb.xml
You can find it here: http://pastebin.com/Y7Z3JbLL
This is for xbmc 9.11, nothing else.

I noticed that it sometimes fetches the old layout so I left those as well. They shouldn't comflict. Just copy this tile to where your scrapers are. BUT BACKUP BEFORE !!
Good Morning

The same problem here, some movies info are not scraped correctly.
Missing actors, especially with multiple titles movies.
Maybe Olympia will manage to repair soon, this for IMDB addon!

Thank you.
pricinosus Wrote:Good Morning

The same problem here, some movies info are not scraped correctly.
Missing actors, especially with multiple titles movies.
Maybe Olympia will manage to repair soon, this for IMDB addon!

Thank you.

Surely won't based on that many info.
It still not work for many movies in my database

Here is one example of many:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272083/

Is there a chance to make it work Huh
Hello Olympia

can you make it work?
loverboy Wrote:It still not work for many movies in my database

Here is one example of many:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272083/

Is there a chance to make it work Huh
Surely, you can see that there is no more information for that movie on that IMDB screenshot.. do you want the scraper to review the film for IMDB.COM?!?
haha, exactly.

Thanks Olympia, for your work.
I have no idea how to update the scrapers.. Windows 7.. Help??
Did you try to read the other messages in this thread?
I believe this thread itself has the instructions to update the IMDB scrapper, both for Dharma and Camelot.
I read, maybe I overlooked. You could have just as easily help me fix my problem instead of telling me to read the thread.
So I've updated my imdb.xml as described in the thread. However--two things:

For Runtime, it now only downloads the runtime as a number, not as a string; this means that it downloads "132" instead of "132 min", for example. I edited the datatype in the imdb.xml from ([0-9]*) to [.[^&lt:]*), that allowed it to get "132 min".

For cast...it downloads the ENTIRE cast...even when their role is listed as "Uncredited". How do you get listed in the credits, if your roll is technically called "Uncredited" anyway? The reason I dislike this strongly is that I have a very large media library, and looking at the database by actor in XBMC takes irritatingly long to load, and is heavily dominated by no-name actors or people with roles such as "Man in background" and "Woman Driving Car"; I really don't need a 120-person cast list for a film with 15 speaking roles. How do I disable the scraper from downloading "fullcredits" and have it only download the more relevant, shorter list of actors that appears on the main search page on imdb for a given movie?

Of course, if anyone wants to write a Netflix scraper to replace the IMDB scraper, that would be pretty cool...
DrMPS Wrote:So I've updated my imdb.xml as described in the thread. However--two things:

For Runtime, it now only downloads the runtime as a number, not as a string; this means that it downloads "132" instead of "132 min", for example. I edited the datatype in the imdb.xml from ([0-9]*) to [.[^&lt:]*), that allowed it to get "132 min".

That's right, because the code has been backported from Dharma and Dharma requires a numeric value.

DrMPS Wrote:For cast...it downloads the ENTIRE cast...even when their role is listed as "Uncredited". How do you get listed in the credits, if your roll is technically called "Uncredited" anyway? The reason I dislike this strongly is that I have a very large media library, and looking at the database by actor in XBMC takes irritatingly long to load, and is heavily dominated by no-name actors or people with roles such as "Man in background" and "Woman Driving Car"; I really don't need a 120-person cast list for a film with 15 speaking roles. How do I disable the scraper from downloading "fullcredits" and have it only download the more relevant, shorter list of actors that appears on the main search page on imdb for a given movie?

That's true again. Will be fixed when the new IMDb layout gets stabilized. I am not sure that it will backported to Camelot though...
Thanks for the quick response. Hmm...guess i'll keep editing them manually (ugh). I forgot to mention that it downloads every studio associated with it, like including 35 different international distributors; I set repeat to "no" in the .xml file to prevent it from grabbing all but the first-listed studio.

In Dharma does it add the " min" part in "132 min" in the info automatically then, meaning, it's done in XBMC itself and not in the nfo? Otherwise I don't quite understand the reason to have made the change; no units looks less polished.
DrMPS Wrote:So I've updated my imdb.xml as described in the thread. However--two things:

For cast...it downloads the ENTIRE cast...even when their role is listed as "Uncredited". How do you get listed in the credits, if your roll is technically called "Uncredited" anyway? The reason I dislike this strongly is that I have a very large media library, and looking at the database by actor in XBMC takes irritatingly long to load, and is heavily dominated by no-name actors or people with roles such as "Man in background" and "Woman Driving Car"; I really don't need a 120-person cast list for a film with 15 speaking roles. How do I disable the scraper from downloading "fullcredits" and have it only download the more relevant, shorter list of actors that appears on the main search page on imdb for a given movie?

Of course, if anyone wants to write a Netflix scraper to replace the IMDB scraper, that would be pretty cool...

I get no date for "The Last Templar" (2009):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1197580/

...presumably because it shows up as "The Last Templar (TV 2009)"

I downloaded a couple of the XML's from here (for Camelot), and the one that "deusdeceptor" posted to PasteBin seems to work best for me, but doesn't grab the date for movies like noted above.

Does anyone know what would have to be edited to extract the date from this one?

Many thanks for the continued support of Camelot
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:Does anyone know what would have to be edited to extract the date from this one?

That one gets half of the info and no cast in non-fullcredits mode...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB - new layout0