enabling of HTTP server causes crash
Hey guys, I am a long-standing fan and have received amazing support from these forums for XBMC. so just wanted to say thanks in advance!!

I tried to do a forum search, and I am surprised I cannot find this being posted by others. It must be something on my end, but I can't figure it out.

Anytime I go to the NETWORK SETTINGS, and try to enable the xbmc HTTP server on port 80 (i want to use my iPad and XBMC REMOTE HD) I get an xbmc crash. When I restart the program, obviously, the HTTP server is still not enabled...

The debugging log files can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/WTeeyQLA

I am using the SVN built on 9/2/2010 (33465 i think?). Computer specs are below

Anyways, this is reproducible on different computers. It happened on my old computer with a SVN build of approx 1-2 months ago. I ignored it because I was planning on building a new HTPC box. Just built a new box and reproducing same here. Here are specs of the new build:

AMD quad core AM3, ASRock 890GM Pro3, 4gB RAM
36.7 x 2 Rapter RAID 0 as primary disk with OS partition
ATI HD 5450 crossfire with onboard ATI HD 4290
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
and again, the latest xbmc svn build.

any ideas? Anyone else getting this error?

Thanks a ton xbmc community!
You're using a completely unsupported 3rd party build. They build using VS2010, and this is a known issue under that build environment.

Use official builds (Dharma beta 1 is out) and you won't have an issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

issue solved. thanks jm

-thebeen
jmarshall Wrote:You're using a completely unsupported 3rd party build. They build using VS2010, and this is a known issue under that build environment.

Use official builds (Dharma beta 1 is out) and you won't have an issue.

So you mean that when doing house builds from SVN sources, one should use vs2008 instead of vs2010?
Is there no way around this using vs2010?
That issue has been fixed. You can use vs2008 or vs2010 to build, choice is yours
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Weird. I just did a build of release 34904 and I'm still getting the same problem.
As soon as I try to enable the webserver, it crashes. the only log I get for that crash is "starting webserver".
I'll try to debug it out on the dev machine to see what's going on, provided I can repro.

It crashes when trying to load libmicrohttpd-5.dll, some weird heap corruption crash. Here's the output window content when it crashes in msdev:
Code:
Webserver: Starting...
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\libmicrohttpd-5.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\libplibc-1.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7600.16385_none_ebf82fc36c758ad5\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\libintl-8.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\libiconv-2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\pthreadGC2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wsock32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\libgcrypt-11.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'XBMC.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dev\Dharma\project\Win32BuildSetup\BUILD_WIN32\Xbmc\system\webserver\libgpg-error-0.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
Critical error detected c0000374
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in XBMC.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in XBMC.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

Am I missing something if you say this bug has been fixed?
FYI, this issue is *not* fixed.
I installed vs2008 and built xbmc with it - no problems starting the server.
Whichever bug report needs to be reopened for this.
it *is* fixed. You need to use the trunk, not the Dharma branch. The issue is still present on the Dharma branch, but as vs2010 is *not* supported for Dharma, it's not really important.

If you want to use vs2010 and the webserver, you need to use trunk.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
I fixed this problem by replacing libgpg-error-0.dll in XBMC\system\webserver\.
I get this dll(filesize 138KB) from unofficial nightly build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
enabling of HTTP server causes crash0