Want to see Lovefilm streaming on XBMC?
da-anda Wrote:once binary addons are possible in XBMC I think a lovefilm addon won't be a problem anymore.

Excellent news; was there not an issue from Lovefilms end?

Any idea on timescale for this one?

Cheers
Any Progress, this would be nice

/Danny
daninino Wrote:Any Progress, this would be nice

/Danny

unfortunately LoveFilm is moving to silverlight so it will only ever work on windows and intel macs.

No linux!!
All Things PVR
the LoveFilm API doesn't allow streaming - it's only to access their media library and manage your subscription - nothing more. So no way for a XBMC addon atm.
Sad 
No way that so sux
I want love film for my XBMC
XBMC wants love film
i think im going to catch Germany herpes in protest
same here
I see MCE LoveFilm was updated recently for streaming - is this a pseudo solution or will the XBMC version get the go ahead?
This would be so good for us Swedish/European users!
agreed , this would be useful , is there anyway to get XBMC / Lovefilm working nativly when running on Win platform ?
no, not yet. Lovefilm is using Silverlight for streaming and there is currently no way to use it within XBMC. A few weeks ago I wrote the LoveFilm devs a mail and ask if they would open up their API or would be willing to help building a XBMC addon - no response yet.
da-anda Wrote:no, not yet. Lovefilm is using Silverlight for streaming and there is currently no way to use it within XBMC. A few weeks ago I wrote the LoveFilm devs a mail and ask if they would open up their API or would be willing to help building a XBMC addon - no response yet.

Since XBMC flicks uses IE as an external player, I don't see how it would be a problem doing similar with a Lovefilm XBMC plugin as long as the user has Windows and Silverlight installed? MCE Lovefilm is able to stream movies fine Nod
da-anda Wrote:no, not yet. Lovefilm is using Silverlight for streaming and there is currently no way to use it within XBMC. A few weeks ago I wrote the LoveFilm devs a mail and ask if they would open up their API or would be willing to help building a XBMC addon - no response yet.

Alright, well at least we can hope that they will send you an answer to even prove that they've read it. Hopefully the are discussing matters and will send a positive response, you'l keep us posted right? =)
Quote:Since XBMC flicks uses IE as an external player, I don't see how it would be a problem doing similar with a Lovefilm XBMC plugin as long as the user has Windows and Silverlight installed? MCE Lovefilm is able to stream movies fine
well, if that's possible, then maybe one of the XBMCflicks team could have a look, or interrested party might have a look at XBMCflicks and try to adopt it?
I unfortunately had to notice, that movie streaming is no real option for me - gave it a try on LoveFilm, but my bandwidth is to slow and the picture is quite ugly in this case. So I stick with Bluray rental for now.
tigertailz Wrote:Alright, well at least we can hope that they will send you an answer to even prove that they've read it. Hopefully the are discussing matters and will send a positive response, you'l keep us posted right? =)
I don't think I get a response - but I'll keep you updated.
I just cancelled my account.

Their API policy and their use of Silverlight will surely affect their business. Netflix will no doubt have similar problems due to Silverlight.

For goodness sake its 2012.

I have no shortage of media players (probably too many) but I just don't like being forced to use a particular one, especially when it is not as good as XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to see Lovefilm streaming on XBMC?0