Want to see Lovefilm streaming on XBMC?
Exclamation 
Basically LoveFilm is like Netflix for members of the UK and some parts of Europe.

Currently there are a handful of apps and devices that have been granted access to the streaming API for LoveFilm (Boxee included), most of these are 'partners' have a commercial relationship with LoveFilm.

If you'd like to see a plugin for streaming LoveFilm media to XBMC, then XBMC needs to be granted access to the streaming API by the folks over at LoveFilm, and they're not going to do that without people getting in touch an letting them know that...

a) there is a demand for such, and a solid, viable/profitable market

b) the quality of the plugin will be high and look professional

I have set the ball rolling and taken the liberty of getting in touch with the folks over at LoveFilm via their developers site.

Please, please, please(!) take the time out to add your say on the post, let's let them know there is demand... Fingers-crossed we'll be granted access the API and come up with a nice streaming plugin addition to the already fantastic XBMC plugin line-up.

Check the post and have your say!!!

Cheers,
n3uromanc3r (keito)
n3uromanc3r Wrote:Basically LoveFilm is like Netflix for members of the UK and some parts of Europe.

Currently there are a handful of apps and devices that have been granted access to the streaming API for LoveFilm (Boxee included), most of these are 'partners' have a commercial relationship with LoveFilm.

If you'd like to see a plugin for streaming LoveFilm media to XBMC, then XBMC needs to be granted access to the streaming API by the folks over at LoveFilm, and they're not going to do that without people getting in touch an letting them know that...

a) there is a demand for such, and a solid, viable/profitable market

b) the quality of the plugin will be high and look professional

I have set the ball rolling and taken the liberty of getting in touch with the folks over at LoveFilm via their developers site.

Please, please, please(!) take the time out to add your say on the post, let's let them know there is demand... Fingers-crossed we'll be granted access the API and come up with a nice streaming plugin addition to the already fantastic XBMC plugin line-up.

Check the post and have your say!!!

Cheers,
n3uromanc3r (keito)

This is also something I would really like to see!!
Just to note: netflix and lovefilm are the same company.
Death-Axe Wrote:Just to note: netflix and lovefilm are the same company.

No that is not correct. Lovefilm has just been accuired by Amazon.

Regs,

Peram
peram Wrote:No that is not correct. Lovefilm has just been accuired by Amazon.

Regs,

Peram

Ah they bought it up from netfix. Interesting.
A couple of points:

(1) @Death-Axe: LoveFilm is not, and never has been a part of NetFlix. It is an independent company that grew from a series of mergers of small DVD rental companies in the UK [Wikipedia]. NetFlix is a company that supplies a very similar service, but other than this there is no relationship between the two companies.

(2) As much as I would also like to see a LoveFilm Addon, is it ever likely to happen as long as (a) LoveFilm maintains its commercial licensing, and (b) XBMC Addons are open source? - Admittedly you could argue that closed source Addons will come with Eden, but that still leaves a major hurdle of the commercial licenses. As long as there are companies paying to be able to provide LoveFilm, then they can't realistically give out a license to an open source project for free. It'd upset those partners who've paid for it.
Surely the only realistic solution would be more of a hack of some kind that doesn't involve approval from Lovefilm. I believe Boxee may have achieved access - and I can't say I've used this myself - but I would guess this was achieved via the closed-source part of Boxee; the web viewer. Essentially this is a browser. Lovefilm can't prevent access through this without preventing access to any other browser. This might be XBMC's best shot at reliable access as well, but XBMC's equivalent of the browser is a long way off (if it arrives at all).

Sorry to sound pessimistic, and I'd loved to be proved wrong, but I think that appealing to LoveFilm is a dead end
Question 
But if LoveFilm runs in a web browser this can't be a complex Plugin?
'since it runs in, probably, the most complex software used by everyone these days, it's simple' ?

love your logic.
To be fair if LoveFilm want customers and if the content providers want people to access their wares via LoveFilm then they will allow access to their API. It's a bit 'the tail wagging the dog' if they have created an API then not let any and all developers access that API.
mortstar Wrote:To be fair if LoveFilm want customers and if the content providers want people to access their wares via LoveFilm then they will allow access to their API. It's a bit 'the tail wagging the dog' if they have created an API then not let any and all developers access that API.

+1
sneaky capitalists waiting for hobbyist coders to write support for their business so they can save money. if anything they should make a lovefilm addon themselves.
...and even then they are ridiculously protective over their API.
I just heard that LoveFilm are streaming with their new Watch Online feature, it would be great to see an Add-In for XBMC.

It looks like they give API access, the rules are here:
http://developer.lovefilm.com/

They have a a Premuim Application with closed API and also a Standard one as below:

Standard
  • must use the LOVEFiLM brand in accordance with our brand guidelines (including the logo) but should make it clear that LOVEFiLM have not designed, built, endorsed or sponsored the application
  • must use content in new and meaningful ways that provides additional benefit to users - 're-purposing' rather than 're-publishing' our data.
  • can make 4 queries per second and 5000 calls per day and may request increased call limits as and when these are exceeded (subject to review)

Terms and Conditions
up Smile
As lovefilm is owned by amazon, i wonder if the amazon plugin could be adapted for love film

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108124
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

Wondered if there was any chance that a Lovefilm addon was coming to XBMC?

They, Lovefilm, announced today that their streaming facility is now available to Xbox users, hence the renewed interest.

Cheers
once binary addons are possible in XBMC I think a lovefilm addon won't be a problem anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to see Lovefilm streaming on XBMC?0