No RSS/ Weather output if network starts to late
Hi Devs,

in my embedded setup XBMC starts very fast. but sometimes the network connection are still not ready after XBMC is started. If this is so, and there is no internet connection on startup i dont have the output from RSS or Weather (Weather works after refresh). Is this possible to implement an solution to auto-refreshing RSS and Weather (and maybe all other internet based things periodically in the time xbmc is running?

greetings
greetings, Stephan

Both should refresh after 15 or 30 minutes. There are callbacks in the network code that may need hooking up. Ideally there'd be a network up message that gets sent to the controls.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have the exact same issues (win7). Works fine again after the 15/30 minutes refresh. Would it be possible to send a refresh command to xbmc so I could for example use Eventghost to send this command after a few seconds?
nielsi:

I believe their is way to force a startup delay on xbmc via command line parameter.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
After switching to a wireless connection, (not by choice, urg) I've now run into this problem also. Where do we adjust the time for the refresh? (or just the first refresh maybe?) 15 -30 minutes is quite some time to wait, and I don't really want to delay my startup just waiting for network...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No RSS/ Weather output if network starts to late0