Most stable version of Aeon?
Afternoon All

I was just curious as to which is the most stable version of Aeon please?

I've tried a few different versions such as Stark [good but a little dated] and Aeon65 [nice very not very stable] and appreciate that there may be a bit of a trade off with functionality and features verses stability but can someone please recommend the suitable version for me?
AP0ll0UK Wrote:Afternoon All

I've tried a few different versions such as Stark [good but a little dated] and Aeon65 [nice very not very stable] and appreciate that there may be a bit of a trade off with functionality and features verses stability but can someone please recommend the suitable version for me?

Aeon65 is unstable in combination with the (outdated) 9.11 version of xbmc, i never had a crash with any dharma build, so it´s fair to say Aeon65 is stable.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
AP0ll0UK Wrote:Afternoon All

I think its a matter of opinion not stability. I like stark but I agree it's dated (especially when it comes to dharma)
Aeon65 is looking great and also stable (as long as you're using the current build).
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I take it Dharma is worth a look at?

Can I run it alongside my existing xbmc install - I'm running Ubuntu 10.4.
DR. Stranger Wrote:I think its a matter of opinion not stability. I like stark but I agree it's dated (especially when it comes to dharma)...
I've found aeon65 to be bearable (fine with dharma), but it's too bloated... I also think the aesthetics have been ruined in comparison to stark, and most of the additions/mods are in very bad taste.
At the moment I think aeon is dead in the water. BUT I understand nothing challenges or relates to the aesthetics of aeon, which is what everyone is struggling for
With all due respect.. What the hell are you talking about? Bloated? The additions are of bad taste? Maybe the skin I have on my revo xbmc install isn't Aeon after all.
DR. Stranger Wrote:I think its a matter of opinion[...]

xecutionx Wrote:With all due respect.. What the hell are you talking about? Bloated? The additions are of bad taste? Maybe the skin I have on my revo xbmc install isn't Aeon after all.

Like he said, opinion Rolleyes
Legacy Dark mod is great give it a try seems very finished
DR. Stranger Wrote:I think its a matter of opinion not stability. I like stark but I agree it's dated (especially when it comes to dharma)...
I've found aeon65 to be bearable (fine with dharma), but it's too bloated... I also think the aesthetics have been ruined in comparison to stark, and most of the additions/mods are in very bad taste.
At the moment I think aeon is dead in the water. BUT I understand nothing challenges or relates to the aesthetics of aeon, which is what everyone is struggling for

+ 1, but again its just personal taste.

Actually, I have to agree with this even though I really appreciate the work of Phil65 and all the others who modded Aeon. The problem is, that djh had a vision but sadly never finished it. From there on, alot has been modded into it, only adding on features while barely ever integrating them as properly as they should have been. No offense, Phil65, but maybe you might want to stop listening to feature requests and just start cleaning up the code and especially design to make the skin look like one complete piece instead of an unready skin with lots added to it.

I hope I didnt sound to unappreciating towards all the modders here, I really love what your doing for the community here, and I don't want you to stop your work, because obviously there are a lot of users that use and love your work.

Greetings, D0n
D0nR0sa Wrote:Actually, I have to agree with this even though I really appreciate the work of Phil65 and all the others who modded Aeon. The problem is, that djh had a vision but sadly never finished it. From there on, alot has been modded into it, only adding on features while barely ever integrating them as properly as they should have been. No offense, Phil65, but maybe you might want to stop listening to feature requests and just start cleaning up the code and especially design to make the skin look like one complete piece instead of an unready skin with lots added to it.

I hope I didnt sound to unappreciating towards all the modders here, I really love what your doing for the community here, and I don't want you to stop your work, because obviously there are a lot of users that use and love your work.

Greetings, D0n

That´s not correct, DJH finished Aeon to 95%, there wasn´t much missing.
after that, Hitcher, and me in the beginning, too, started to add a hell lot of features. that focus has changed some time ago, we´re restructuring and cleaning up now in the first place. but the one thing was that you were always able to let it look like the old aeon and you can let it look even now (perhaps with some small code changes) like in the old days, almost everything was added optionally. (except the animations perhaps, but that´s all)

I´m workin a a slightly bigger overhaul of Aeon65 since some days, with a change to dark textures. So to all people who think Aeon is dead, just don´t visit this forum, you´re not really helpful.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
D0nR0sa Wrote:Actually, I have to agree with this even though I really appreciate the work of Phil65 and all the others who modded Aeon. The problem is, that djh had a vision but sadly never finished it. From there on, alot has been modded into it, only adding on features while barely ever integrating them as properly as they should have been. No offense, Phil65, but maybe you might want to stop listening to feature requests and just start cleaning up the code and especially design to make the skin look like one complete piece instead of an unready skin with lots added to it.

Greetings, D0n

Have you used Aeon65 lately? I have been using Aeon since the betaversions by DJH. The additions Hitcher, Phil, pix and others did, most of them are integrated quite nicely. And, as phil said: almost everything is optional. I use XBMC a LOT, and I know most skins inside out. Aeon is still one of the best, because it delivers in both aestetics and functionality.
Things evolve. If you want the OLD aeon, use the old Aeon. But then you have to use and old version of XBMC. If you want to use Dharma, then you have two options: use what's out there (aeon65 or dark legacy), or write something for yourself.
Joy In Repitition

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most stable version of Aeon?0