USB Gamepad
Hi to all,

I have problem with joystick.gamepad.xml configuring. Win7 recognize my gamepad as USB Gamepad, and in xbmc log for name I get: USB Gamepad. When I try with that name it doesn't work Sad
Everything is fine with Logitech Precision, and in the time I had Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 everything was fine too...
Is there any solution this?

Or.. Maybe someone knows program to use gamepad as keyboard BUT just in specific programs (in this case XBMC), because if I use it for all programs and windows than it will not work properly when playing games....

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

-------------------
Edit:

Here is copy from xbmc log file
16:38:38 T:2240 M:1414885376 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: USB Gamepad
16:38:38 T:2240 M:1414885376 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12

And to add one more thing... This gamepad works fine with xbmc installed on WinXP.
I did it with eventghost, but i can't make Axis to work...
Anyone knows how to do that? Is it even possible?

Thanks
try xpadder.com
Tnx for reply.

Thats really nice app, it's easy to use and it has pretty nice GUI, but all you can do is to save few different profiles and than manually change it... What I want is to control XBMC with my gamepad, and nothing else.
If you make an profile in xpadder, than you will be able to use assigned buttons in windows, xbmc and any other program including games, and that is what I don't want. Smile
I totally agree here. I am trying to the very same thing with no success. I have set up Xpadder just the way I like it so I can navigate the menus if XBMC and open/close videos, music and pictures.

The problem comes when I try to open my games. If I don't manually close xpadder all my game control settings are ruined.

I read an article about changing the keymap file, but I am not so advanced as to mess with that without a step by step guide. Even a few links where I could do some more reading would help, but this is a major hurdle to making my living room PC run as a media center.

The ultimate goal is to have XBMC boot with windows and run everything through it. Help please.
joy2keys is a program you can check out.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Gamepad0