• 37(current)
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?
I'm running XBMC pre eden in Ubuntu 11.04 and on the same network I got an iPad2.

I've turned the option about AirPlay on in the settings in XBMC, but when watching videos in the iPad, there no option to send with AirPlay to XBMC..

Is there something more I need to do?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
soder Wrote:I'm running XBMC pre eden in Ubuntu 11.04 and on the same network I got an iPad2.

I've turned the option about AirPlay on in the settings in XBMC, but when watching videos in the iPad, there no option to send with AirPlay to XBMC..

Is there something more I need to do?

/Söder

Nope ... you could give some more information ... log file ... - it only works if ipad2 and xbmc are in the same subnet (nor ip routing in between)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Nope ... you could give some more information ... log file ... - it only works if ipad2 and xbmc are in the same subnet (nor ip routing in between)...

Well, both devices are on the same router, a DIR-655..

iPad2 on 192.168.0.199 and the HTPC on 192.168.0.103

Do you have an example for a link or video I should be able to get a choice to send to XBMC for? Do I use the standard videoplayer on the iPad2?

/Söder
try this, work perfect for me.
byxil Wrote:try this, work perfect for me.

But is that necessary? I understand it as all that should already be in XBMC now?

/Söder
1) Where are you getting your "pre-eden" from? For now I think you have to compile it yourself
2) Have you enabled it in settings?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:1) Where are you getting your "pre-eden" from? For now I think you have to compile it yourself
2) Have you enabled it in settings?

1. In the bottom you can see where I get my pre eden from. And yes, I've compiled it myself.

2. Yes, Iäve enabled it in settings.

How do I find out what kind of problem I have? I just never get any buttons to hit/push on the iPad2.....

/Söder
What OS are you using on other computers in the house? You need a ZeroConf browser to see if it's sending out the packets.

On Mac there is Bonjour Browser: http://www.tildesoft.com/
On Linux there is avahi-browser.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:What OS are you using on other computers in the house? You need a ZeroConf browser to see if it's sending out the packets.

On Mac there is Bonjour Browser: http://www.tildesoft.com/
On Linux there is avahi-browser.

My htpc is running linux, my PC is running windows and I also got a mac with osx.

/Söder
soder Wrote:My htpc is running linux, my PC is running windows and I also got a mac with osx.

/Söder

try a nightly build on macosx and see if this works ... it should definitly there ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:try a nightly build on macosx and see if this works ... it should definitly there ...

I will try that tonight. I should just keep XBMC running on OSX, and then there will be choise somewhere on the iPad when I'm wathing a video?

And if that's work, I need to install some program on my HTPC running linux to?

/Söder
soder Wrote:1. In the bottom you can see where I get my pre eden from. And yes, I've compiled it myself.

2. Yes, Iäve enabled it in settings.

How do I find out what kind of problem I have? I just never get any buttons to hit/push on the iPad2.....

/Söder

I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 Minimal and the airplay-option somehow didn't appear on my iPhone/ MacBook Pro, although airplay was enabled in XBMC.
Solution: I had to install avahi and suddenly everything worked perfectly. So check if avahi is acctually installed...

sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon
Memphiz Wrote:try a nightly build on macosx and see if this works ... it should definitly there ...

Yes, it worked there. Or, "worked"... I could at least the XBMC as a choice on the iPad...

Will try that program for linux...

/Söder
snipah Wrote:I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 Minimal and the airplay-option somehow didn't appear on my iPhone/ MacBook Pro, although airplay was enabled in XBMC.
Solution: I had to install avahi and suddenly everything worked perfectly. So check if avahi is acctually installed...

sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon

Seems like I already have it installed?

http://piclair.com/s9pha

EDIT:

I just tried "sudo avahi-daemon" and it started, and after that I get my XBMC as a choice on the iPad.

Question: How do I make this start automatically the right way now?

/Söder
try

sudo rc-update add avahi-daemon default

and afterwards

sudo /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon restart
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?3