• 39(current)
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?
Hi guys!
I've just install Ubuntu 11.10 on my netbook and I've compiled the last version of XBMC.
I'v enabel the Airplay and... yheeeesss! It works out of the box with my iPhoen 4S!
The only question I have is: can you guy make the mirroring of the springboard too?
I can play video, music and pictures via airplay but if I enable airplay while I'm on springboard (double click on button and then slide right till the end... near the volume there is a airplay simbol) nothing appears on XBMC...
Is that a limitation?

P.S: I can NOT zoom the pictures too... Sad
Maybe I need to upgrade to 11.04 to if also I want to get the autostart to work...

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
The version is 11.10. Sorry.
Markino Wrote:The version is 11.10. Sorry.

Hehe, I meant that too. =) I'm already at 11.04 I think... =)

/Söder
Markino Wrote:The only question I have is: can you guy make the mirroring of the springboard too?

Page 51 of this thread:

http://www.aorensoftware.com/blog/2011/0...internals/

Nobody is able to do this yet ... so this includes us (xbmc).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
[quote=Memphiz][quote=Markino]
The only question I have is: can you guy make the mirroring of the springboard too?
Quote:Page 51 of this thread:

http://www.aorensoftware.com/blog/2011/0...internals/

Nobody is able to do this yet ... so this includes us (xbmc).

Thanks for the rsponse.
I've got a fun one for you.

For some reason iTunes (and I suspect iOS 5) is "combining" services of AirTunes and AirPlay. I suspect on the AppleTV side of things they don't have a problem (and it was probably done to reduce confusion on the user side of things.)

Prior to the latest iTunes and iOS5 if a device had both AirPlay and AirTunes it would show up as separate entries (One with a speaker icon and one with a monitor icon next to it).

However if the MAC address from _airplay._tcp device id matches the MAC address from before the @ in _raop._tcp it will only display a monitor.

It takes the AirPlay's port and ignores what _roap is saying (I think). Meaning tada nothing coming through the speakers. Additionally, it doesn't seem like an AirPlay device will exist without AirTunes present. HOWEVER, there is a bug in iTunes that it still shows the device selection dialog, there's just nothing there but "Computer". If I had to guess I'd say the GUI display has an "if you find airtunes or airplay, display dialog" however in the dialog dropdown it's a "if you find airplay AND there is airtunes running, display the remote device".

Can someone with an AppleTV2 get Bonjour browser and take screenshots of what is showing up with them (without XBMC running) for AirPlay and AirTunes?

Examples:
This shows up as a remote speaker.
Code:
avahi-publish -s 001122334456@Testing _raop._tcp 36666 ch=2 cn=0,1 ek=1 et=0,1 pw=false sm=false sr=44100 ss=16 sv=false tp=UDP txtvers=1 vn=3

Now, if I launch an AirPlay instance, that changes to a monitor:
Code:
avahi-publish -s Testing@htpc _airplay._tcp 8000 deviceid=0:11:22:33:44:56 features=0x77 model=AppleTV2,1 srcvers=101.28
However if you click on it, it does nothing. It unchecks itself immediately.

Now kill both instances. iTunes returns to nothing.

Now. Fire up JUST the AirPlay announcement.
Code:
avahi-publish -s Testing@htpc _airplay._tcp 8000 deviceid=0:11:22:33:44:56 features=0x77 model=AppleTV2,1 srcvers=101.28
Legacy code goes "Aha. Display that thingy". So I know it's seeing the announcement. But when you go to it, nothing is there.

How to fix it?
You are going to need to change the AirPlay MAC address somehow for AirTunes. I just incremented by 1. It really doesn't "need" the MAC address it's just something unique.
Publish this as AirTunes.

You then need to create a matching AirPlay/AirTunes device and publish that also. Meaning you're going to do 2 _raop publishes, but one is just going to be a dummy for the AirPlay video.

Code:
CStdString appName;
    CStdString appNameDummy;

appName.Format("001122334455@%s","Real AirTunes");
    appNameDummy.Format("%s@%s", m_macAddress.c_str(), "Dummy Airtunes");
    std::map<std::string, std::string> txt;
    txt["cn"] = "0,1";
    txt["ch"] = "2";
    txt["ek"] = "1";
    txt["et"] = "0,1";
    txt["sv"] = "false";
    txt["tp"] = "UDP";
    txt["sm"] = "false";
    txt["ss"] = "16";
    txt["sr"] = "44100";
    txt["pw"] = "false";
    txt["vn"] = "3";
    txt["txtvers"] = "1";
    CZeroconf::GetInstance()->PublishService("servers.airtunes", "_raop._tcp", appName, port, txt);
    CZeroconf::GetInstance()->PublishService("servers.airtunesDummy", "_raop._tcp", appNameDummy, port+1, txt);

Problem Fixed. Drinks for everyone!

Nope. Denied.

If I connect to the Dummy, it just sits there and spins.

And all this time the latest git pull from shairport works just fine. I haven't seen any commits by them about doing anything different. TCP dumps look near identical. I'm too lazy to dig through Wireshark.

But if you have the latest iTunes/iOS, that's what up.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
not a clue what you want to accomplish by announcing a second roap service with a port where no serve is listening to? Whats this all about ... keep it short for me if possible Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
When iTunes/iOS sees a AirPlay server at the same "address" as an AirTunes server it rolls them into 1. If you want the AirTunes to show up as a speaker you have to announce it separately. You need to make a Dummy for the AirPlay server otherwise it won't even show up.

I mean... did you look at the screenshots.
Code:
Second problem. For some reason the Avahi broadcasting thread dies. It just disappears from my Bonjour Browser screen. Also disappears from iTunes.
Code:
darkscout Wrote:Second problem. For some reason the Avahi broadcasting thread dies. It just disappears from my Bonjour Browser screen. Also disappears from iTunes.

Yeah there seems to be a problem with avahi announcement ... though i didn't have time to investigate further ... maybe we aren't handling some update messages or something like that ...

For the other problem - yeah i saw your screenshots ... but the problem is - if you remove the mac before the @ in the airtunes announcement - airtunes doesn't work anymore ... at least that was something i remember in the dark (so stupid apple might use that part before the @)
Memphiz Wrote:Yeah there seems to be a problem with avahi announcement ... though i didn't have time to investigate further ... maybe we aren't handling some update messages or something like that ...

For the other problem - yeah i saw your screenshots ... but the problem is - if you remove the mac before the @ in the airtunes announcement - airtunes doesn't work anymore ... at least that was something i remember in the dark (so stupid apple might use that part before the @)

You don't remove the MAC, you just make it not match the MAC in the AirPlay announcement.
Code:
Hi!

I got some problems with airplay, i run ubuntu and xbmc.
When i tries to start airplay this is what ubuntu says.

root@pirre-desktop:/home/pirre# python airplayer.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "airplayer.py", line 19, in <module>
from protocol_handler import AirplayProtocolHandler
File "/home/pirre/protocol_handler.py", line 4, in <module>
import lib.biplist
ImportError: No module named lib.biplist

Doesn't find the solution anywhere, anyone got a hint?
All the installations went well, without any errors.

Thanks!
peppito Wrote:Hi!

I got some problems with airplay, i run ubuntu and xbmc.
When i tries to start airplay this is what ubuntu says.

root@pirre-desktop:/home/pirre# python airplayer.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "airplayer.py", line 19, in <module>
from protocol_handler import AirplayProtocolHandler
File "/home/pirre/protocol_handler.py", line 4, in <module>
import lib.biplist
ImportError: No module named lib.biplist

Doesn't find the solution anywhere, anyone got a hint?
All the installations went well, without any errors.

Thanks!

Have you tried what I did? There was no program that just needed to be started, and then AirPlay worked in XBMC Pre Edet at least.

/Söder
I got AirPlay working.

Working:

-picture mirroring from my iPhone
-recorded videos with sound from my iPhone
-youtube videos

Not Working:

-play my music from iTunes (I can see my XBMC machine, but it is not selectable)

This is a known issue?
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?3