• 5(current)
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?
this is what i get now when running python airplayer.py:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function register_service at 0xb7706bfc>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/scripts/AirPlayer/bonjour.py", line 16, in register_service
callBack = register_callback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pybonjour.py", line 1132, in DNSServiceRegister
None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pybonjour.py", line 286, in _errcheck
raise cls(result)
pybonjour.BonjourError: (-65548, 'name conflict')
logictester Wrote:this is what i get now when running python airplayer.py:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function register_service at 0xb7706bfc>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pybonjour.py", line 1132, in DNSServiceRegister
None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pybonjour.py", line 286, in _errcheck
raise cls(result)

install:

apt-get install libavahi-compat-libdnssd1

then redo:

pip install -r requirements.txt

(if you need pip: apt-get install python-pip)
joeblack2k Wrote:install:

apt-get install libavahi-compat-libdnssd1

then redo:

pip install -r requirements.txt

(if you need pip: apt-get install python-pip)

still same exception
logictester Wrote:this is what i get now when running python airplayer.py:

None)
raise cls(result)

You probably need to remove /etc/avahi/services/play2wifi.service
logictester Wrote:i get this when trying to run pip:
root@XBMCLive:/home/xbmc/scripts/AirPlayer# pip install -r requirements.txt
Unknown option: r
Unknown or unsupported command 'install'

can't find anything on google about that....

pip is also 'Perl Installation Program'. I removed that pip (apt-get remove pip) and then installed python pip.
xbrob Wrote:pip is also 'Perl Installation Program'. I removed that pip (apt-get remove pip) and then installed python pip.

yep, did the same
xbrob Wrote:You probably need to remove /etc/avahi/services/play2wifi.service

that worked - thanks, forgot all about that service file
when trying to stream pictures the xbmc screen goes black but doesn't show the pictures...
logictester Wrote:when trying to stream pictures the xbmc screen goes black but doesn't show the pictures...

Yes, someone else reported that too. I'm not sure what's going wrong there, but I'm currently adding some logging to the code so I can better track down things that go wrong.

If you get that black screen in XBMC and you slide to the next picture on your iDevice, do you get to see the picture then or does the screen stay black?
PWiddershoven Wrote:@logictester

Update your pip, you're probably using an old version.

@Blieb
Pictures should work, but you should be running airplayer on the same machine as where you're XBMC instance runs. Picture streaming does not work to remote hosts.

Yes you can run it as a daemon. I'll create a init script for Ubuntu soon.

Nice work! I managed to get music streaming from my laptop to xbmc via Airflick, but I'm still not getting XBMC listed as a device in my iTunes. iTunes is supposed to support airplay, right?
PWiddershoven Wrote:Yes, someone else reported that too. I'm not sure what's going wrong there, but I'm currently adding some logging to the code so I can better track down things that go wrong.

If you get that black screen in XBMC and you slide to the next picture on your iDevice, do you get to see the picture then or does the screen stay black?

the screen stays black when sliding
has there been any luck making this work on XBMC for ATV?
trevorcobb Wrote:has there been any luck making this work on XBMC for ATV?

It's just Python, so it could work on XBMC for ATV too.

I've just pushed some changes to Github, with quite some improvements:

Code:
- Included a modified version of jsonrpclib to be able to properly handle
communication with XBMC through the JSON-RPC protocol. See jsonrpclib/README.txt
for more information.
- Cleaned up the code a bit and added some error handling
- Added logging, disable it by setting DEBUG=False in settings.py
- Airplayer properly handles kill-signals now, this opens the road to making
Airplayer run as a daemon

Seeking partially works now, but still needs some more testing and enhancements. Play/pause is not implemented yet, but is next on my list Smile

Can anyone who had troubles streaming pictures try it again with this new version? I found a bug which could have been causing the problems you were experiencing.
Thanks for this. I've successfully installed and run as per the instructions but can't see the target from my iPhone or iTunes on my macbook. Have a i missed something?

Thanks
PWiddershoven Wrote:Can anyone who had troubles streaming pictures try it again with this new version? I found a bug which could have been causing the problems you were experiencing.

I had the problem with the black screen, which now seems to have been resolved. However, I find that the first picture I bring up comes up pretty quickly, but swiping to the next picture doesn't immediately register. I have to wait about 30 seconds for the next picture to show up. This ONLY happens for the second picture. After this, swiping is very fast.

I initially had a problem with the previous commit where upon running the script I received an unknown error related to avahi publishing. I had actually set disable-user-service-publishing to no in /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf for other reasons. Re-enabling this option allowed xbmc-airplayer to start up normally.

I noticed that XBMC's screensaver, if enabled, activates while playing a photo slideshow. I suppose that changing images doesn't register as an event that disables the XBMC screensaver.

Scrubbing is working in that I can skip to a certain point in a YouTube clip. Once it has jumped to that point, the scrubbing control returns to the 0:00 position. Not really a big deal, though. This is more functionality than I ever assumed I would get from AirPlay!

Thanks for the hard work!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?3