ASRock ION Dharma Beta1 boot failure
Hi,

I have an ASrock A330ION (ITX Atom 330, nVidia 9300) motherboard with 1G DDR3 and a 4G Corsair flash drive. I installed XBMC Live Dharma beta 1 from CD to the flash drive. Everything went fine, XMBC booted up, worked OK, etc.

Then I changed quite a few config parameters (e.g. use audio sync, use studio colord, etc.), move the computer to my plasma TV (via HDMI), rebooted - and could not boot.

The booting process stopped after the initial "XBMC MEDIACENTER" screen, and I was dropped to BusyBox v1.13.3. The system said : "No init found. Try passing init= bootarg."

I restarted a few times but nothing changed. I removed the flash drive, looked into the logs, could not find any anomalies. I put back the drive, booted again, I got a file system check, a reboot - and voila, XBMC booted up fine again! I rebooted, just to check, and the next time I got a regular shell login - no X. I rebooted again, and I got to the "No init Found..." screen this time. I gave up Smile

I think I will go with a more familiar approach, and will use a full Ubuntu install + XBMC, yet I think something is not yet right with beta 1 (at least on my HW).
I have actually solved this by using a different flash drive. The one that was failing was a Corsair Flash Voyager Mini 4GB. I use a Silicon Power Touch 820 4GB now, which is painfully slow, but works, strangely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION Dharma Beta1 boot failure0