Remote App randomly "starts" on my phone!
I can understand that some apps will start automatically based on the use or need of other components (i.e. maps), but why on earth would this remote app start and run in the background all by its self when I am neither at home nor anywhere near a WiFi network? On multiple occasions I have notice it loading and running in the background, having never launched it since the last reboot. What gives?

HTC Aria running the stock 2.1OS.

Ted
That is because we collect all your data and send it to a server to sell them... NOT.
You remember the "Pause playback on phone call" feature? Or the "Show sms on TV" feature? That is why it is launched. Android launches the remote and tells it that a phone call is coming in or that a sms arrived. It tries to connect if the option is checked. If it is unchecked or can't connect it won't do anything at all. It just sits in the memory, waiting to get killed.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:That is because we collect all your data and send it to a server to sell them... NOT.
You remember the "Pause playback on phone call" feature? Or the "Show sms on TV" feature? That is why it is launched. Android launches the remote and tells it that a phone call is coming in or that a sms arrived. It tries to connect if the option is checked. If it is unchecked or can't connect it won't do anything at all. It just sits in the memory, waiting to get killed.

Thanks for the explanation, not necessarily the desired app response, but I guess I can live with it.
tedkunich Wrote:Thanks for the explanation, not necessarily the desired app response, but I guess I can live with it.

It is the way Android works...
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote App randomly "starts" on my phone!0