couple of questions
Hi everyone, my first post.

I´m a newbie to this, so I will follow the following guide http://www.mini-itx.com/2010/02/15/build...-with-xbmc

and before I do that, I wanted to be sure on somethings as I use my pc as main pc also.

1- what boot loader does this xbmc edtion use? is it easy to set win7 as default boot as it is with grub o grub2?

2- how is the subtitle managment on this software? I watch lots of mkv and sometimes I use the integrated subtitles o audio tracks (integrated on the mkv file), but sometimes I use .srt files wich are another file that the video itself and just name them equal to the mkv file and then I can enble disable with the codecs used...I use cccp codecs and coreavc to use cuda (I got a zotac ion 330) with media player classic..

3- I use media player classic, wich I likes very much, and I use a lot the "touch windows from the outside/inside" as I like to watch always full screen, I don't care to miss part of the image when watching 4:3 or 2,39:1 videos.. so I want to know if there is some option that can do that on xbmc.

Thanks!!

sory for language misstakes, I'm from Chile!
any thoughts?
2. Subtitle management is probably some of the best out there. Especially with the latest version. You can press the "add subtitles" button and add subtitles. besides that there is a lot customizable such as position, delay, fonts etc..

3. If your talking about aspect ratio then sure. xbmc does this very well. You can literally specify by the pixel if you want.
thank u pkunk, good news then..

somebody know what about the boot loader? is it grub? is it customizable for me to set win7 as default boot?
groggycl Wrote:1- what boot loader does this xbmc edtion use? is it easy to set win7 as default boot as it is with grub o grub2?
XBMC itself doesn't use any boot loader; it works after you boot into an OS. The most common practice is to use Ubuntu as the underlying OS and it uses grub[2] as the boot loader; you just set Win7 as the default as you do for a dual boot system. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
MacUsers Wrote:XBMC itself doesn't use any boot loader; it works after you boot into an OS. The most common practice is to use Ubuntu as the underlying OS and it uses grub[2] as the boot loader; you just set Win7 as the default as you do for a dual boot system. Cheers!!

but the guide I'm following suggest that it will install from a lie cd image and I am assuming that that would be like a o.s on its own... and that it will boot the s.o "hidden" so you get stragiht to the media center software...or isn't??

EDIT: looking the entire guide, it says that it will use grub as a boot loader... so is it easy to configure grub as it is on ubuntu? o maybe I can chage the grub info by using an ubuntu live cd?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
couple of questions0