Display fan art for movie folders in file view
This might be a skin feature, but I'll suggest it anyway. Who knows, skinners might also read the suggestion forum.

Say you have your movies in folders, one per movie. Selecting a folder in file view (but not entering it) will show the poster in Dharma, but not the fan art. Is there a reason the fan art is not display here? I'm not sure how it figures out the correct poster when it is in file view (I imagine it uses library information), but could find the fan art the same way.
DesktopMan Wrote:This might be a skin feature, but I'll suggest it anyway. Who knows, skinners might also read the suggestion forum.

Say you have your movies in folders, one per movie. Selecting a folder in file view (but not entering it) will show the poster in Dharma, but not the fan art. Is there a reason the fan art is not display here? I'm not sure how it figures out the correct poster when it is in file view (I imagine it uses library information), but could find the fan art the same way.

one issue is that fanart tends to be much larger (in pixel AND file size). So, scrolling through a directory list of 500 movies would be rather slow, since each directory you passed over would require the file to be read, decoded and displayed (and sometimes this is over a network don't forget).

Now, the list views COULD be 'smart' and wait for you to hover/pause over a directory before it bothered to get the fanart, thus allowing you to rapidly scroll over many folders without doing all the unnecessary processing, but then that's more code... blah blah blah. Then folks would ask "why does it wait 2 secs before loading fan art?

Plus, to my mind, the true value of XBMC lies in the library and the 'file mode' is really a fall back (controversial opinion). So users should be encouraged to embrace Library mode at the earliest opportunity!
as far as i know xbmc supports fanart in filemode for movies...
of course the skin also has to be coded to show fanart in the filemode views.

it may be necessary to 'set content' on your movies folder, even if you don't want to use library mode.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
All that typing for nothing!

Can't remember the last time I used File Mode.
I'd cripple it to stop folks using it! ;-)
The problem scenario you describe is already there in library view if you scroll that fast, and it does that by not loading fan art until you stop. At least I think that's what it does.

I'll never stop using file mode until you can sort your library by folder/file date Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display fan art for movie folders in file view0