Vertical Video Shift
rocamoya Wrote:...maybe u can send me or upload to media fire or rapidshare ur xbmc compiled with this patch...

Sorry, if you want these features either learn how to build XBMC or wait for them to appear into the main build. Building it yourself is not really hard and it might even turn into a nice hobby ;-)
So is it in main build nightly now? Smile
it's in master, yes.
i just tried a nighty for windows, nothing happenes when i try to shift a x264 mkv. is that correct?
Try shift values bigger than -1 or 1.
Nice patch, just few comments :

Today there is :
Code:
#define ACTION_VSHIFT_UP              227 // shift up video image in DVDPlayer
#define ACTION_VSHIFT_DOWN            228 // shift down video image in DVDPlayer

And recently I've seen this new actions :
Code:
#define ACTION_SUBTITLE_VSHIFT_UP     230 // shift up subtitles in DVDPlayer
#define ACTION_SUBTITLE_VSHIFT_DOWN   231 // shift down subtitles in DVDPlayer
#define ACTION_SUBTITLE_ALIGN

I've read that has already been discussed, but it would be great to have a kind of ACTION_ALIGN with top/bottom/center similar to what ACTION_SUBTITLE_ALIGN does.

Another thing, those _UP / _DOWN actions has very small increments, depending on device you use to control, like a IR remote with some latency, that can be a real pain.

I would 80% of the time put the video at top with subs below if enough space...
And I'm "dreaming" to set such settings on a folder or TV Show basis... or just some default ones (like in advancedsettings.xml)
I've installed the nightly build and tried to shift the subtitles (to put them below or on top of the video).

I've tried several files and i find it's working with a mkv and a separate srt file which is very nice but not with a mkv and the subs embedded in the container or a dvd. Am I missing something or is it normal that it's not working with these files?

Thanks
Is there a Chance for an automatic Vertical Shift ?
lausoda Wrote:I've tried several files and i find it's working with a mkv and a separate srt file which is very nice but not with a mkv and the subs embedded in the container or a dvd.

Subs on a DVD are graphics, not text. They are treated differently from text subs, and are unfortunately not shifted.

I'd expect MKV with text subs inside to shift correctly, no idea why they shouldn't. Maybe you have MKV with graphical subs inside, in that case the problem will probably identical to that with DVDs.

cat320 Wrote:Is there a Chance for an automatic Vertical Shift ?

Not by me, although it is probably easy to implement.

(To be honest I am not running the XBMC native player myself anymore, as external subs with DVD/BluRay was just too much work to implement. So the functionality will probably just stay as it is - unless someone else picks it up.)
I'm also very interested in automatic shift to accomodate the subtitles in bottom black bar when possible and necessary.
I've got used to this feature from Movist player and I miss it a lot
@verysoftpaper There is a "subtitle placement" option in the nightlies (at least I never saw it before upgrading) that allows you to always position the subtitles below the video.

Nice necrobumping too.
@negge I think what you are talking about already exists in 12.2. It's called SubtitleAlign and is bound by default to crlt+T
It cycles through multiple positions, one of them is "Below Video"

What I am talking about is the shift of the video, not the subtitles.

Thanks
Hi,

is there a way to set the vertical shift to a fixed value? not pixelweise like verticalshiftup/down?

Already started a thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179679

Thanks in advance!
Nico

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vertical Video Shift0