Different thumbnails hash for the same file (with mysql)
Lightbulb 
Hello everyone.

I have a weird occurence which i can't resolve....

Until recently i had a server and 2 mediacenter under windows. the server have a mysql install for the library and all (3) mediacenters connected to the media through smb (even in local, since it allowed me to use the same path). Everythink worked fine.

I recently moved and replaced my 2 windows mediacenter (old bulky things) by 3 ion based using xbmc live.
made the install, tweaked a few things under linux, copied the configuration files (sources + advanced settings, configured the general options) and it works.

then i decided to unify my thumbnails, so i shared the thumbnails directory on my server, and added a line in /etc/fstab to automount that to the correct location on the live installs. Checked from command lines, the files are there and accessible.

the problem is, that the hash seems to be different between windows and xbmclive.
my thumbnails are there under windows, but not on the linux boxes, so i manually set one a box, and sure enough i have it on all boxes. If I check the fileserver, i have indeed 2 occurences of the thumbnail, one for windows and one for linux.

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to happen, and i can't figure out why it does. also, i'd love not to have to manually reset over 2000 thumbs (shows, movies and season thumbs, the individual episodes are regen-ed automatically, so i don't care about that).

Since i use a mysql db, the path for the show should be the same.

Anyone had that kind of problem before ? Any idea ?
no one ? Sad
meh
An example of the filename on each machine and the hashes might provide a hint.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

okay, i'm just stupid sometimes, but i figured it out.
i used my own install of mysql wich is a ndb cluster (not myisam), and some of the config bleeded on the client and messed with the upper/lower case, after a bit of head banging (poor wall), i solved the problem.....

so not a problem with xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different thumbnails hash for the same file (with mysql)0