XBMC stuck on working while MySQL is enabled
I started having this issue yesterday and I haven't changed anything in terms of my XBMC version or OS patch levels. When I try to open a movie it hangs on working. I have tried a Dharma Beta release but I still experience this issue. I used an old nightly up to this point and never had any issues.

I've tried:
- restarting mysql and the server
- restoring the mysql database from a previous backup
- installing a newer version of XBMC

The only thing that works is if I disable the MySQL option. The local library seems to play everything. I can run queries against the server fine.

One thing I noticed when I restore the DB is that it looks for new content and updates the library. I can even update old items to watched status and it updates the DB. When I try to play a file the application hangs.

Here is my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/M5Feb1yv

Thanks,
Nat
I've discovered that disabling library mode resolves the issue. I can play everything fine if it's disabled. Does the library mode utilize the MYSQL DB and non library just uses the roaming profile?

I ran SQL Profiler and I didn't get any errors.
nemke Wrote:I've discovered that disabling library mode resolves the issue. I can play everything fine if it's disabled. Does the library mode utilize the MYSQL DB and non library just uses the roaming profile?

I ran SQL Profiler and I didn't get any errors.

That's strange. I believe that "watched/unwatched" status of a file (even when not in library mode) is also saved in the DB -> so the MySQL DB if that's enabled.
Yes the watched status is definitely stored in the DB. If Library mode is disabled XBMC plays everything. Only when the library mode is enabled the app hangs.
Hey, i have the same problem, but without using MySQL. When I play a movie over a SMB share, XBMC hang up. Without library-mode all works fine. My movies are all mkv's. I do not have an issue with playing music over a SMB Share. And i haven't any issues playing my movies over SMB with VLC.
I have a similar problem too. XBMC gets stuck on 'working...' when I try to play a movie. I DON'T have any MySQL db up and running now, but when I did, I had the exact same problem.
Just did a fresh install of the whole OS to try to get rid of the problem. :/ But no luck. It doesn't even work with library mode disabled.
Tv Shows plays just fine for some reason?

I have an Asrock ION330 with Windows 7 32-bit. Running XBMC Dharma Beta build. All the drivers are up to date. All the files are stored on the nas and are accessed via FTP.
@ElBarto: see my replies in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80063

Without a sample this will not be fixed!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC stuck on working while MySQL is enabled0