Any forseeable issues with this barebones kit?
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/S...CatId=3508

Didn't see much detail on the wiki regarding newer supported hardware. Anyone see any issues with running ubuntu with XBMC on this kit? I plan to add an nVidia 8800 GTX to it for a vid card. Is 2 gigs of RAM enough?

Thanks
i can see no problems at all with that kit Smile looks pretty sweet! i run with a single core amd 64 3.5ghz and 2 gig ram with full install of ubuntu 10.04 and xbmc camelot set to start on boot... runs fine for me so yours should be pretty fast ! twin dvi and an s-video is enough to get you stared... but i would recommend something maybe with s-video and a hdmi just for forward compatability... i don't know what kind of screen you intend on using but when i buy my bigass flatscreen i'm gonna need a graphics with hdmi, just for the better quality, and it handles audio directly as well Smile
damnit, I just jumped on that Smile

Looks like a hot deal!
I have a 50" Samsung plasma 1080p. I'll probably try the DVI to HDMI adapter that came with one of my cards first but it didn't seem to work well on my old tv (37" Samsung LCD 1080p) so I ended up using DVI to VGA and it seems to display fine for gaming. Yes I use a 37" LCD TV for gaming Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any forseeable issues with this barebones kit?0