[PM3.HD] Customizing home menu
Sorry, if it's already answered; I just can't find the right one.
Is it possible to add additional menu item to the home menu? I mainly want to put a direct link to Internet Radio in the home screen. Can anyone please give me any clue? Using Dhrama beta1. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Its currently not possible without editing the skins files themselves you will need to open up 720p/home.xml and start editing around line 417 (for the current version in the addon repo)
Thanks Jezz! I understood that it's not possible withing editing the XMLs; I've done that for few others, so I don't think it'll be a problem for PM3. I'll ask question(s) if I need any more help with that. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
You really also need to take into account that if you have autoupdate of addons on the next time I update PM3.HD it will overwrite the changes you make

I suggest you make a copy of the whole skin.pm3-hd folder (maybe call it skin.pm3-hd-mod) and then edit its addon.xml so these 2 lines are unique

id="skin.pm3-hd"
name="PM3.HD"

The first one is the internal name that xbmc uses for it so it needs to be different from the original (not optional) and the second is the name that shows everywhere in the gui
Thanks for the advise; I'll try that out in the afternoon and report here back the result. Cheers!!
Jezz_X Wrote:You really also need to take into account that if you have autoupdate of addons on the next time I update PM3.HD it will overwrite the changes you make

I suggest you make a copy of the whole skin.pm3-hd folder (maybe call it skin.pm3-hd-mod) and then edit its addon.xml so these 2 lines are unique

id="skin.pm3-hd"
name="PM3.HD"

The first one is the internal name that xbmc uses for it so it needs to be different from the original (not optional) and the second is the name that shows everywhere in the gui

Thx for this Jezz - something I always worry about with a modded version of PM3. I'll have to give this a go as well - once I finally get my linux-Ion running. So much to learn.....Confused
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Multi image option for movies in custom backgrounds is not working.
reFocus - Simply the best
Also, the recently added movies, episodes and music doesn't work. Win 7, RC2. Enabling the feature in skin settings does nothing.

LE: my bad, I thought "show video info" and "show music info" were recently added movies and music.
Galefury Wrote:Multi image option for movies in custom backgrounds is not working.

I fixed this for myself, editing custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml.
I Have Changed The Labels, deleted the directory off the skin, deleted the skins directory, and nothing the skin keeps the same.

I am using xbmc 10.

can anyone please tell me were do i change the main menu page Labels and click function?

Thanks.
Galefury Wrote:I fixed this for myself, editing custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml.

Can u tell me how u fixed this?

I would like "slideslow" backgrounds for movies and TV-shows but atm XMBC 10.0 only lets me change the background of the "Settings"
You have PM. Only for movies is broken, the others should work.
is there a way to link "Videos" and the other main menu items to a certain smb share point?
and if possible, how to do that? also i want to link "Programs" to my "Video Addons" section. which files do i have to edit? i can remember i did that (linking videos etc to a certain folder) a while ago for the pm3 on xbox

Edit: Nevermind, got it Smile
Maetrik Wrote:is there a way to link "Videos" and the other main menu items to a certain smb share point?
and if possible, how to do that? also i want to link "Programs" to my "Video Addons" section. which files do i have to edit? i can remember i did that (linking videos etc to a certain folder) a while ago for the pm3 on xbox

Edit: Nevermind, got it Smile

I want to do something similar, would like to link Videos to the "files" section, since I don't use Library mode, can anyone help?

*** my bad, see now that you can go to settings>skin settings>home window and check "Videos button always goes to file mode"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PM3.HD] Customizing home menu0