Music Library disappeared, can't seem to get it back
I'm running the new Dharma beta (although this problem happened prior to upgrading) on Ubuntu. All of my media files are on an SMB share on my WHS box (named 'SERVER' from here on out for this thread).

Here is most of my 'Sources.xml' file (irrelevant and/or unneeded lines have been left out):

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/Videos/TV/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/Videos/Movies/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/Music/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

So, pretty standard. All of my music is in fact located at smb://SERVER/Music. No funky permissions, and it can be reached just fine by every other computer on the network and from the desktop on the HTPC. XBMC used to be able to scan it and populate the music library, but it can't any more for some odd reason.

When I go into the context menu in 'Music' within XBMC I can choose from "Update Library" or "Settings". "Update Library" very briefly says it is "Loading info from files" but nothing actually results from it and remains at "Zero Items".

Any idea what's going on here? The path is definitely correct for the source, but nothing ever shows up.

Huh
Can you browse it in file mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Same here! It happens to me for the second time that the whole music library simply disappears! You can imagine my pain redoing the library with over 1200 albums, out of which more than half of them are from exotic bands where auto-scrapping does not return appropriate results...

I can browse my music collection normally in file mode. I do not know why this happens. The only thing that I remember from the last incident is that my router lost the power and I tried to access movies library when network share was not available. However, I did not have any problems accessing my movies library afterwards (when I recovered router and network connection). Only music library is missing.

I lost everything; artist description, fanart... It seems next time I will have to backup Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library disappeared, can't seem to get it back0