• 2(current)
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
Cirion Wrote:Anyone have a guide to get this working in Ubuntu?

I have installed mysql server and set everything up, but it only works locally. My other computers have no library and are slow.

I guess there is something with rights. I have looked at the bind to ip setting. It was set to 127.0.0.1, and after trying 192.168.1.101 (local ip) and 0.0.0.0 it does not work in ubuntu localy or remote.

Strangely, now my Win7 PC can use the database, movies and tvshows are there. But they dont work since I use a smb://ip/share/folder/ path.

just commenting out that line in the mysql conf will allow other devices to access the mysql port.

in:
/etc/mysql/my.cnf

change
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
to
#bind-address = 127.0.0.1

as for your other issue, i think its as others have mentioned: you have to specify that samba share as your media location on every instance of xbmc, including the one that serves the mysql database.
ederson Wrote:Two scripts randomitems and recentlyadded need some changes in order to work.

you need to change everything in the form

xxxxx isnull

to

isnull(xxxxx)

hello ederson, could you be more specific? or better could you post these two files?
recently added doesnt work for me too and i dont now how exactly change it like you wrote.

thanks
auto update of xbmc library after start of xbmc is not working.
And if i try update library from menu in for example movies, nothing happened too. i have two xbmc klients and one database on synology nas.
library normaly works fine, what i change in one room i see in other room but i have no new movies in xmbc :-(
please help me
I'm facing the same library update problem here...Sad
Anyone knows the solution?
Im using dharma beta3 with default skin and recentlyadded seems to work fine for me.

Update on startup works for me also, however it seems like tvdb and other scrapers timeout way too soon.
opensauce Wrote:Im using dharma beta3 with default skin and recentlyadded seems to work fine for me.

Update on startup works for me also, however it seems like tvdb and other scrapers timeout way too soon.

I just installed Dharma beta 3 and the problem continues. At least I know a little more: when set to MySQL, in file mode, the sources can´t retain the scraper definition. Therefore, you can´t update...:mad:
Has anyone gotten this up and running on a readynas? If so how?
I now have it up and running Smile

I'm using Ubuntu on all machines. I found out what was making my troubles, and it was the old databases on the other machines that made it now work for me.

My second problem was the thumbnails, only the server had thumbnails. So I copied the thumbnails folder onto the other machines, and everything looked fine until media was added and only the machine that found the new media had thumbnails.

Since I always have 1 computer running as a Tvheadend server, and it has the mysql database, I shared the XBMC folder too.

Here is a quick howto:
Follow the first guide to get the database running

On the server, right click the .xbmc folder in nautilus and share it as xbmc. It will ask for permission to install some required software.

On the rest of the computers install SMBFS:
Code:
sudo apt-get install smbfs

Edit /etc/fstab and add this line:
Code:
//servername/xbmc /media/xbmc smbfs username=xxxx,password=xxxx 0 0
Change the servername and user/pass

Reboot and you will have a drive called XBMC. Open it, enter the userdata folder and rightclick Thumbnails and select Make Link.
Copy the link to your .xbmc/userdata/ folder.
Delete the old ./XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails and rename the link to only Thumbnails.

Now all computers in my house use the same Thumbnails folder and mysql database. If media is added, the first computer to scan will add it and it works on all computers.

Another tip, copy the sources.xml from the servers userdata folder, or make a symbolic link if you want all machines to have the same sources...
I'm running a setup with two XBMC clients, one is on Win7 which is also the box with the media, and the second is XBMC Live on a Revo.

I've got the mysql database installed and running on the Win7 box, but the XBMC client on the same Win7 box can't seem to find it. Is this because the sources are mapped as local drives and not as SMB shares?

Is there a way to map/reference the local drives as SMB shares to get around this?
I have setup Mysql server with this article
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/09/how...a-centres/
I made sure user xbmc has DBDesigner rights as well, but I am getting this error on PC where the db and media are local. XBMC instance is dharma beta4 and a clean install. When I right click on Movies source and do a set content, Moviedb , run scan, ok. Nothing happens. Set content again and it is blank.
16:44:40 T:632 M:1749446656 DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values
(NULL,'\\\\homeserver\\Media\\TV Shows\\','','')
16:44:40 T:632 M:1749446656 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1142)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values
(NULL,'\\\\homeserver\\Media\\TV Shows\\','','')
16:44:40 T:632 M:1749422080 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper)
values (NULL,'\\\\homeserver\\Media\\TV Shows\\','',''))

Same error trying to insert 9 (2009) from G:\media\movies\9 (2009)\

Ideas? Thanks
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
jwdv22,

sounds like a permissions issue. Have you tried executing any mysql statements as the xbmc user using the command line client?

Alternative confirm what grants you have for the mysql xbmc user by connecting using the mysql client as root and issuing a "show grants for 'xbmc';"
hitman Wrote:jwdv22,

sounds like a permissions issue. Have you tried executing any mysql statements as the xbmc user using the command line client?

Alternative confirm what grants you have for the mysql xbmc user by connecting using the mysql client as root and issuing a "show grants for 'xbmc';"

This is the output of the grants for user xbmc

http://imgur.com/t8xAl.gif

Can you give me an example of a statement I should try? Thanks for the help.

Still getting SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062) on
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'G:\\Media\\Movies\\','','')
Update, was able to import & export the library without advnaced settings, rename video db file, add the advanced settings file, open XBMC and import the library. Which did write to the db. But it seems that auto-updating library on startup doens't work and that if I watch a movie, it doesn't update the record in the table. ideas?

Since it didn't/wouldn't update the library on a normal scan only on a library import, I am probably having the same problem. table collation is latin1 if that matters.

Thanks again.
Does anyone else encounter very slow response with mysql?? I have one mediacenter that acts like fileserver and tv grabber. If I put mysql option on, another mc gets stucked (like movies library opening could take about 30 seconds?). This is very annoying.
PasiZ Wrote:Does anyone else encounter very slow response with mysql??

I had problems after importing the old database, but with a clean one I have no problem with slow response. I 'm now using it on 4 machines. 2xdesktops, 1xrevo and 1xlaptop. The only thing lagging is the Thecus(NAS) whenever the drives are sleeping. When they are up and running, everything is as normal.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker1