• 4(current)
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
i have a little problem when i try to sync the Thumbnails folder, my problem is that in "cmd" i cant get into my user folder to make the mklink command because it's called "^FrEaK^" , and it just fails because of some reason, i cant use "cd ^FrEaK^" to get in to it, it doesn't like the "^" infront of the name...

so does anyone know how i can get past that in cmd? or another way of making that symbolic shortcut (ordinary windows shortcut doesn't work)
Don't have special characters in your username? Seriously though I don't know. You don't have to go to the dir in the command prompt...just explicilty state it in the command of mklink. Problem is might still have issues with ^? Go try it.
Hi,

Thanks for a great guide. Looked easy, but didn't get it to work.

As fast as I add the advancedsettings.xml to my userdata folder and start XBMC the XBMC logo comes up and then it takes ages to start. And when it starts I cannot move around in the menues. I checked my mysql databases, both video and music and they are not populated with any new tables. Whole XBMC feels hung up.

I ran these commands in my mysql server:
CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_video CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_music CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
GRANT ALL ON *.* to 'xbmc';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

My advancedsettings XML:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.111</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I have verified my connection to the database server from my XBMC mahcine that runs Windows7. It works fine and my xbmc database user have full privileges to the two xbmc databases that I created.

Anyone have any ideas on wy this is happening?
avus m3: didn't work, so i desided to do it the hard way and just make a new windows user without special characters and transfer all the xbmc and windows settings to the new user

pig13t: have you tried a clean install? my xbmc on one of the computers where acting up, and i just needed to make a completely clean install, and add the library again (witch takes AGES the first time Tongue ) and then it worked much better
^FrEaK^ Wrote:pig13t: have you tried a clean install? my xbmc on one of the computers where acting up, and i just needed to make a completely clean install, and add the library again (witch takes AGES the first time Tongue ) and then it worked much better

I just removed beta4+my profile and installed RC2. So it's pretty clean.

Is it supposed to take a very long time the first time? And during that time, how did your XBMC act?
First issue is solved. Forgot to check my MySQL listener. It was bound to 127.0.0.1 instead of the interface IP.

Now I ran into another issue though. I added a source and I set the content of it, TV for example and added TVDB to it. Then it asked me if I wanted to scan the content and I answerd yes. NOw nothin happend.

The log showed me this:

16:52:19 T:1444 M:1180852224 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\media\\TV\\','','')
16:52:19 T:1444 M:1180852224 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\media\\TV\\','',''))
16:52:19 T:3784 M:1180835840 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
16:52:19 T:3784 M:1180835840 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00

Anyone know why? Greatfull for all answers.
kophinos Wrote:maybe i'm special, but i cannot seem to get this to work. followed the tutorial, got my libraries on the remote box, but when i try to play a file xbmc says "this file is no longer available."

By this I mean, if my server (also a media center) has my files stored on /media, then when I share via samba to my other computer, then the media locations don't match and xbmc is unable to find the files.

pig13t Wrote:Hi,

Thanks for a great guide. Looked easy, but didn't get it to work.

As fast as I add the advancedsettings.xml to my userdata folder and start XBMC the XBMC logo comes up and then it takes ages to start. And when it starts I cannot move around in the menues. I checked my mysql databases, both video and music and they are not populated with any new tables. Whole XBMC feels hung up.

I ran these commands in my mysql server:
CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_video CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_music CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
GRANT ALL ON *.* to 'xbmc';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

My advancedsettings XML:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I have verified my connection to the database server from my XBMC mahcine that runs Windows7. It works fine and my xbmc database user have full privileges to the two xbmc databases that I created.

Anyone have any ideas on wy this is happening?

Check your xbmc.log file I had this and it wasnt connecting through My firewall had to add the port manually both ways on all my machines.
Hi,
I wrote a short instruction How to configure XBMC with MySQL step by step.
xbmc_mysql
I use xbmc on 4 pc, and I love this synchronization.

Now I need to think how to automatically create backup of database once a week and save last three backups.

Any help is appreciated Smile
castortray Wrote:Hi,
I wrote a short instruction How to configure XBMC with MySQL step by step.
xbmc_mysql
I use xbmc on 4 pc, and I love this synchronization.

Now I need to think how to automatically create backup of database once a week and save last three backups.

Any help is appreciated Smile

Maybe:

mysqldump -u "USERNAME" -h "HOST" -p"PASSWORD" "DATABASE | gzip "FILENAME
Anyone else noticed that on mysql used as datastorage, xbmc remote in android claims that movie database is empty (no matter linux or windows host)?
Ok i have main server in livingroom with xbmc mysql etc etc, and one in bedroom. I want to sync these i followed all directions but am not sure about adding the shares as SMB:// blah bla. MY DATABASE IS EMPTY AND WILL DO A FRESH SCAN AFTER THIS IS SETUP, Now i assume i do this on the other clients in bedroom the smb:// thing and NOT on main server is that correct? On server i just add as folders, or does that store it wrong the the sql database?

Thanks
no, you have to use the SAME path on ALL the pc's including the server, ex. smb://192.168.0.5/d/movies (just replace with server ip), remember to delete all the sources and clean the database, then add all sources on one of the pc's with the server ip adress and reload all of the database on that pc before going on to the next one
thanks for the reply, Now will it still if i use all mapped drives and have the all the letters the same? I tried thied the SMB on the server and it seemed sooooo slow scraping the movies.
it's just the first time, after this it won't scrape AT ALL if you choose to do the Thumbnail folder share to, when you add a source it will just be done at once
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker1