• 3(current)
HDeeTV skin ported to XBMC
leonardo,
i love this skin! it is the only one i use now.

just wondering if there are any updates planned?

i'd like to be able to change some of the images in mine to customize it some. can you publish the image list? i think i can place the changed images in the folder with the textures as long as they are the same name and it will use the files... right?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
another would be just the background to use for scripts. i still have most of my scripts using the pm background... i want the whole skin theme to match! :bomb: :lol:
i second that... a script template would be nice.

this should really be part of the skinning engine... arg! Angry
i third that :d this is now my default skin.

edit:

found a way to get the background as the hdyv skin!

open any script eg itunes.py in notepad.

do ctrl&f to find the word "background.png"

change it to "background3.png" and it will (should) change the background to teh default hdtv one Smile

i've tried it on most of my scripts, and they all show the hdtv background now Smile

enjoy
hdeetv updated to xbmc 2004-01-21.

features:

- new design of the window home with fixed buttons, not configurables across the xboxmediacenter.xml. new images for every button (the skin includes another home page: home_iconsscroll.xml with icon buttonscroller, configurable across the xboxmediacenter.xml)
- new design of the window settings
- moved the center of the screen of the buttons dash, reboot and shutdown
- new design of the titles of the windows
- new design of the submenu eliminating redundant links and adding access to directly to the following scripts: mail, web radio, movie trailers, ifilm, gamespot and itunes.
- public backgrounds to use for scripts
- scripts xbmcmail.py, kmlbrowse.py, aqtbrowse.py, ifilmbrowser.py, gamespot.py, itunes2.py adapted to the skin.

download: http://www.xbox-skins.net/forums....id=3549

i wait for your commentaries.

leonardo.
wow it looks great!!
:bowdown:

very nice skin.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
may be a stupid question, but will this work for ntsc as well?
hi,

love the updates! i have used this skin since your first release. i do however have a few suggestions:

1) navigation on home screen should match the one in settings (left on leftmost item takes you to the rightmost item..)

2) up on submenu button should take you to my files not my programs.

3) the sub menu background is simply wrong (imho). i think you should stick to the same colors..

4) make the volume bar appear in pal60 Smile (i could not figure out what was wrong...)

5) i think it is more gramatically correct with 'movie library', not 'movies library'.

edit: one more thing. this is probably because i use the 01-15 cvs but my movies keeps going to title view, and my music goes to album view..

other than those, thumbs up! i especially appreciate the gamespot skin, that one has been forgotten by most skinners Smile

spiff
@spiff

you said it all... every bug/gripe i spotted you mentioned.

other than that this skin i awesome!

biggest problem i seen was the view problem in music & videos.

thank leonardo :bowdown:
just a couple of hyperlinks in home.xml were displaying wrong views under music & videos.
leonardo,
i first must say that i have loved blackblue, simplygreen, and hdeetv... i have used all of them and think they are positively the best out there.

but, i must be honest and tell you that in my opinion the latest release of hdeetv is a step back.

here's why:

the main screen... much nicer to look at on the older version. more dramatic while being "cleaner"

the dark blue replacing the green... makes the scheme more dark and less eye catching... plus you removed the white which gave a nice accent

the new buttons... i like the older ones better sonce they seem to have more weight and look more proportioned to the rest of the skin.

the screen background images... the previous versions are professional and blend well with the colors and they do not detract or disctract from the screen menu item. the new images (camera, tv, etc) overwhelm the screen and frankly look like every other skin out there... blah  :hmm:

the submenu... i like having all the buttons. i actually had already made new buttons for the scripts on it... actually i was going to suggest you create a custom page just for script buttons, or even better, if they ever get the patch in the cvs, create shortcuts on the main screen.

please go back to the previous colors, images, and buttons.

it was way more unique!
i cant get movie stacking to work with this skin, also you seem to have maxed out the display so now its called "<box media center" and the clock is semi on screen....
xbox 1.6 "crystal" uxe softmoded, xbmc dashboard "cvs" updated weekly, 250g hd upgrade
(spiff @ jan. 24 2005,23:45 Wrote:hi,

love the updates! i have used this skin since your first release. i do however have a few suggestions:

1) navigation on home screen should match the one in settings (left on leftmost item takes you to the rightmost item..)

2) up on submenu button should take you to my files not my programs.

3) the sub menu background is simply wrong (imho). i think you should stick to the same colors..

4) make the volume bar appear in pal60 Smile (i could not figure out what was wrong...)

5) i think it is more gramatically correct with 'movie library', not 'movies library'.

edit: one more thing. this is probably because i use the 01-15 cvs but my movies keeps going to title view, and my music goes to album view..  

other than those, thumbs up! i especially appreciate the gamespot skin, that one has been forgotten by most skinners Smile

spiff
first, thank you for your commentaries. i happen to answer to your suggestions:

1.- i will change it into the next version.
2.- i will change it into the next version.
3.- in the next version it will leave the background of the such submenu as was in the initial version of the skin.
4.- i will check it.
5.- i will change it into the next version.
6.- the fact that the button my videos shows the view of titles and the button my music shows the view of albums done purposely, and it is not a bug.

if you wants in my videos to go at view files, to change into the file home.xml button my videos the value of the hyperlink from 25 to 6.

if you wants in my music to go at view files, to change into the file home.xml button my music the value of the hyperlink from 503 to 501.

leonardo
(ren @ jan. 25 2005,09:36 Wrote:i cant get movie stacking to work with this skin, also you seem to have maxed out the display so now its called "<box media center" and the clock is semi on screen....
i believe that you have badly the user's interface calibrated. to go to settings, appearance and about recalibrating
(affini @ jan. 25 2005,04:24 Wrote:leonardo,
i first must say that i have loved blackblue, simplygreen, and hdeetv... i have used all of them and think they are positively the best out there.

but, i must be honest and tell you that in my opinion the latest release of hdeetv is a step back.

here's why:

the main screen...  much nicer to look at on the older version. more dramatic while being "cleaner"

the dark blue replacing the green... makes the scheme more dark and less eye catching... plus you removed the white which gave a nice accent

the new buttons... i like the older ones better sonce they seem to have more weight and look more proportioned to the rest of the skin.

the screen background images... the previous versions are professional and blend well with the colors and they do not detract or disctract from the screen menu item. the new images (camera, tv, etc) overwhelm the screen and frankly look like every other skin out there... blah  :hmm:

the submenu... i like having all the buttons. i actually had already made new buttons for the scripts on it... actually i was going to suggest you create a custom page just for script buttons, or even better, if they ever get the patch in the cvs, create shortcuts on the main screen.

please go back to the previous colors, images, and buttons.

it was way more unique!
affini you are very critical with my work and it seems that nothing of what i publish turns out to be adapted to your preferences.

to try to give response to your suggestions, i will try in the next version of the skin to do a part that is customizable:
- the screen background images
- the color of the top bar of the windows
- the buttons of the main screen and of the window of settings
- the submenu, with all the links of the first version adding the links to all the scripts of this version.

it seems to you to be correct, or you have some suggestion more?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDeeTV skin ported to XBMC0