HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), HDMI communication channel protocol support?
That some systems may not have the pin wired thats fine, but bundling every ION1/ION2 and saying none work is incorrect.

You also just confirmed various facts I had already posted...

anyways, if this is all about the new remote control;, its great but still doesn't address the original question from this post.

What is being said is that basically its this or nothing when it comes to native CEC support on ANY board with a supporting TV set to match.
X3lectric Wrote:That some systems may not have the pin wired thats fine, but bundling every ION1/ION2 and saying none work is incorrect.

Nobody said that none work.

Quote:What is being said is that basically its this or nothing when it comes to native CEC support on ANY board with a supporting TV set to match.

That was answered pretty clearly in the previous post. Currently the drivers do not expose CEC.
Mindzai Wrote:Nobody said that none work.

I've said it, and I still believe there is not single ION board with HDMI-CEC support. Also as I've said implementation is optional, and when is something optional there is not much reason to implement it, if you won't use it. There can be hardly open or closed drivers for something, which is not implemented on hw level. I'd be happy to accept the otherwise in case someone links me a specification, datasheet or any real proof that some ION board has it implemented.
If you believe there are none why dont you post this proof?
X3lectric Wrote:If you believe there are none why dont you post this proof?
How exactly do you prove something which isn't there? Just show us a board that does this and thus prove that it already exists.

The absence of evidence might not be the evidence of absence, but it won't work the other way around in any case. Thus you have to provide evidence of presence in order to prove presence, it is not our job to prove that there isn't something like that.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

doesnt that kinda work both ways? claims are made in name of believes (generally a believe is not a certainty), Honestly I dont care what is said, but claiming it doesnt in first place requires some proof to back it up, otherwise its just FUD. You cant tar everything with same brush and besides I doubt pulse eight has tested all machines.

I dont have a means to test it other than physically with multimeter on my machine, whenever and if I care enough to take it appart and go hunting post the results. As for driver in Linux I doubt they even exist for most machines.

On the driver issue it is obviously easier to write one up for a specific 3rd party device then to write one up for all machines that probably the devs dont even have access to.

and on this final note what this topic is about is being glazed over with this new remote and solution I know form experience that grabbing datasheets from manufacturers and specific information takes a long time if EVER. Im still waiting on datasheets for a super i/o chip after two years.
Because I believe in something doesn't necessarily mean there is a proof behind it. It's just I haven't read anything which would officially mention or confirmed implementation of HDMI-CEC in ION or any other discrete graphics card.
thats what I said a believe is not a certainty.

And btw Nvidia when asked about it on any video cards there is no replies anywhere. only thing I got form one of the many posts was this http://rainshadowtech.com/default_files/HDMICECUSB.htm

which I suppose its essentially what pulse eight based on a smaller scale and simplified. or maybe something like this http://www.chrontel.com/products/7322.htm
X3lectric Wrote:doesnt that kinda work both ways? claims are made in name of believes (generally a believe is not a certainty), Honestly I dont care what is said, but claiming it doesnt in first place requires some proof to back it up, otherwise its just FUD. You cant tar everything with same brush and besides I doubt pulse eight has tested all machines.
I may be not enough into this thread, but isn't this about the implementation of HDMI CEC? If you want something developed for it, you need something to run in it on. If someone says that he believes that there isn't something like that and you still want it to be dev., then you need something which actually features it.

Allright, I can bring some light into this:
There is no ION-Board which features HDMI CEC. Googling for a long time, doesn't bring up any usable hints for such board. And you just know that someone how would manufactur this would also advertise it. There are chips for it, but it doesn't seem like it is implemented on any ION-Board. And that is not a believe Smile
Although - there is a mentioning that some ATI Cards feature it, but AMD doesn't talk about it anywhere - so it doesn't seem like there is anything available at this point.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Rolleyes
what's that supposed to mean? Please elaborate... I could provide proof with giving huge chunks of google-searches, etc. - but again: You cannot prove something which simply isn't there. In this case I would say that the absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

its supposed to mean, I made an observation, and I dont care anymore cause main post doesnt specify its ION HW only that tv supports it. any other discussions are assuming, heck not even OP made another post on here. EVn if he has state of the art TV and a Nvidia crad or any gfx card with that support the simple answer is XBMC WILL NEVER SUPPORT IT
ah - okay Smile

well...never say never, but it seems highly unlikely at this point and this discussion has died out... well, no sense in getting into this Wink

hence I rolleyes... no sense in beating the drum on something that cleary XBMC is gonna bypass altogether and prolly will never support it natively irrespective.

\\Edit I have no interest in CEC support personally, in fact its moot on all my systems even if they both support it.
X3lectric Wrote:hence I rolleyes... no sense in beating the drum on something that cleary XBMC is gonna bypass altogether and prolly will never support it natively irrespective.

\\Edit I have no interest in CEC support personally, in fact its moot on all my systems even if they both support it.

Can I ask why you are arguing all of these points with no real factually backing behind any of your arguments? and to add further woe, you have just protested that you have no interest in CEC, from what I can gather you've never used it, nor understand the benefit.

At no point have I mentioned the NYXboard remote in this thread as it is largely unrelated to what we are developing. and regarding native support. I would gladly work to make XBMC source code support a native implementation of CEC if a graphics driver exposed it on any platform. The fact of the matter is, they don't and that's generally because of the flaky support across various hardware vendors of ION chips.

What we are creating is a common platform, where we know the capabilities of the device and then can really start to expand XBMC to talk with the rest of the hardware in your home theatre instead of being isolated.

I hope that this will address all of your concerns, if anyone has a question about what this device will do or how it will work with XBMC then this is the topic for it, if however it turns into a slinging match about native/non native support when native support isn't an option. I will lock the thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), HDMI communication channel protocol support?0