HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), HDMI communication channel protocol support?
Lightbulb 
My Sony TV has a feature called "Bravia Sync". So does my Playstation 3. "Bravia Sync" is Sony's branding of the HDMI1.3 Consumer Electronics Control spec. That spec allows hardware devices to control each other via the HDMI connection. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI)

My question is: Does XBMC have any support for CEC? Actually, I don't even know if the question applies to XBMC or to my video card, which does have HDMI, btw. But I thought I'd ask here first to see if someone a bit more educated than me can shed some light on my ignorance.

Thanks so much!
We are actively investigating and developing both a software and hardware solution for this problem. Stay tuned!
Wink 
Finally a newer article tackling this subject on Google search!! I second that request. Rolleyes

I just got my Samsung PN50C7000 50" Plasma TV and I have Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled. The TV can see my PS3 and I can control it via the remote control. Onkyo receiver also support Anynet+ so auto device detection, power on/off, channel selection are all handled via one remote control for both.
I need a solution for XBMC. It would be awesome to switch to XBMC via the remote control and navigate to play the video files.

I will definitely stay tuned.
that would be really awesome... especially if there could be bidirectional support (i.e. turning tv off => suspending xbmc; turning tv on => resuming xbmc; suspending xbmc => turning tv off; resuming xbmc => turning tv on).
This do work. (I got Ubuntu 10.04 and XMBC SVN)

Any change we can debug the different "remotes"?

I have a Pioneer pdp508lx tv, and a pioneer VSX-LX70 reciever.

The volume control on the remote give some overlay in the movies, not sure what is it, but it could seems like some kind of information about the movie time, but it's alot of zero's.

and my remote for a sagem tv tuner, the turn off/on button is the "esc" in XBMC Smile

It could be cool to get this to work Smile
Lazarusdk Wrote:This do work. (I got Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC SVN)

The volume control on the remote give some overlay in the movies, not sure what is it, but it could seems like some kind of information about the movie time, but it's alot of zero's.

and my remote for a sagem tv tuner, the turn off/on button is the "esc" in XBMC Smile

It could be cool to get this to work Smile

Does it work out of the box for you? I ve Ubuntu 10.10 and XBMC Dharma RC1 installed with a sony bravia.
Or do i have to configure anything else?

What i want to do is to control the xbmc with my bravia remote, like i can do with my ps3.
+1

Have Bravia Sync TV (HDMI-CEC) so would love XBMC to work along with my BD Player.
Question 
Lazarusdk Wrote:This do work. (I got Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC SVN)

There was a thread I started some time ago about this but it was abandoned after finding that there is no hardware support for sending/receiving remote information through HDMI from nvidia, or at least that was inferred from some conversations in the nvidia developers' forum. Is that wrong? does CEC actually work from a computer running linux?
Also, despite CEC being a standard, most major manufacturers have made it so their version of CEC (Anynet+ Bravialink etc) do not work with any other manufacturers version of CEC.

This will probably make it very difficult for the XBMC dev's to be able to 'talk' to all CEC equipment, even if there were graphics cards with CEC HDMI ports.
ChocoboX Wrote:I just got my Samsung PN50C7000 50" Plasma TV and I have Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled. The TV can see my PS3 and I can control it via the remote control.
Seems to me that mean Bravia link and Anynet+ are compatible.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
My samsung TV's (anynet+) manual clearly states it only works with other anynet+ devices and from the little bit of googling I have done, that has been confirmed by samsung on their forums.

But if I am wrong and it does work across manufacturers (how it is supposed to), then that's great.
Targettio Wrote:My samsung TV's (anynet+) manual clearly states it only works with other anynet+ devices and from the little bit of googling I have done, that has been confirmed by samsung on their forums.

But if I am wrong and it does work across manufacturers (how it is supposed to), then that's great.

My Samsung TV (AnyNET+) talks to my Sony Receiver (BarviaLink) just fine. I actually found this feature rather annoying as I want to be able to turn off the TV, but have my music still playing. Before I got it disabled (had to on both the receiver and TV) as soon as I turned off the TV, the Receiver turned off as well, and turning the receiver back on turned the TV back on.
Targettio Wrote:My samsung TV's (anynet+) manual clearly states it only works with other anynet+ devices and from the little bit of googling I have done, that has been confirmed by samsung on their forums.

What the Yo-yos at Samsung probably mean is that anynet+ only works with HDMI-CEC enabled devices (no shit, right?)

From their perspective, anynet+ means HDMI-CEC. So it's a no-answer answer.

Anynet+ only works with other anynet+ devices, but Samsung calls HDMI-CEC anynet+.

It'd be like Sony saying that to use an iLink interface, it only works with other iLink devices (but that means any ieee1394 device)

I'd be surprised if an manufacturers actually deviate from the standard.

-Wes
This would be something really nice and an absolute must. Since we all have a TV-remote of some sort or another.
It sounds like Samsung and Sony each have their own "unique" implementation that makes them incompatible with each other.

Has anyone tried to get the two to work together? Are the specs/commands even available from the manufacturers?

I once tried to get Sony to provide the communication info for a RS232 port on their receivers. After a few dozen emails and escalating it to everyone I could find the end result was "buzz off". Not a good experience (I don't buy any Sony product now) and very indicative of how open Sony is. :mad:

"absolute must"? With manufacturers bastardizing the spec and the lack of detailed information would make this an "absolute bust".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), HDMI communication channel protocol support?0