How to delete files?
Hi,
I'm using XBMC installed on a Apple Tv.
But how can I delete movies or wrongly created folders with the Apple Remote?

Additional Question: how do I refer to my iPhotos or to my music in XBMC?
Accu Wrote:Hi,
I'm using XBMC installed on a Apple Tv.
But how can I delete movies or wrongly created folders with the Apple Remote?

Additional Question: how do I refer to my iPhotos or to my music in XBMC?

To delete files and folders, go to 'System' - 'Appearance' - 'File lists'. In there, make sure 'Allow file renaming and deletion' is checked.

Once that's set, when you're on a movie or tv show you want to delete, hold down the menu button on the remote. After a few seconds a menu will pop up. Click the play button when you're on 'Remove from Library'. You'll get two prompts, say yes to both, and it's gone.

For iPhotos, if you're on Dharma I know there's a add-on for iPhoto, but I haven't tried it yet.
I'm still struggling with this one a bit... I'm still working to relase the final clutches of Win MCE, but haven't convinced my wife that XBMC is truly better. Until she can delete a file immediately after watching then no dice.

So, I'm using a Harmony remote with MCE IR receiver which basically maps the Global Keyboard Commands from here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard

So once I finish watching a file, what is the Global Keyboard Command to make a menu popup to delete the file?

Thanks!
Zesty Mordant
Big Grin
Holding the Menu button 'should' still do it. I'm using a harmony remote, and it works the same way. Otherwise, 'I' for media info may do it.

Took me a bit for the wife as well. Kind of wish there was an option for a pop-up after playing to delete it. Still missing that from my old dvr days.
"c" button
jodeman Wrote:Holding the Menu button 'should' still do it. I'm using a harmony remote, and it works the same way. Otherwise, 'I' for media info may do it.

Took me a bit for the wife as well. Kind of wish there was an option for a pop-up after playing to delete it. Still missing that from my old dvr days.

I wish there was an easy way to delete files as well.
Eklar Wrote:I wish there was an easy way to delete files as well.
There is just delete them from file manager, just make sure you clean the library after deletion otherwise xbmc will still have it in the library
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Out of interest, have you tried the MCE Remote Add-In?
If you have activated the possibility to delete files in the system menu first. You will have the possibility to do so.

But, if you have movies in folders. It will only delete the video file. And folder and picture files its still there.
As far as I have found out.

I use "C", arrow me down to "Remove from Library", then I get the question if I want to delete file. And push "Yes".
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete files?0