1 question and a big thanks for the work
hello there.

first of all iv been a recent switcher from alaska (still a great skin but i LOVE the tv-show logo's Big Grin) and im sticking with this night skin cause it is awesome Big Grin.

i only just found out about the extrafanart folder
Quote:7. Ok, what's all this 'extrafanart' that people have talking about?
Quote:
Everybody loves fanart, what of we lived in a world where we weren't limited by just one...All you need to do is create a folder called 'extrafanart' in the root of your TV show like so: D:/TV Shows/Lost/extrafanart.
Now the skin will automatically cycle randomly thru however many fanarts you have in that folder.

Every show doesnt need the 'extrafanart' folder for it to work, you could just use it on one or two shows. Again, if setup correctly, it'll just work no setting to check...hikaricore created a bash script for Linux users

**As of 6/22/2010 'Extrafanart' is now a setting- Under System->Skin->Movie/TV options

just shooting here no idea of its even possible but iv always wandered around with what cover to pick for the folder of a movie or tvshow cause most of the time there are quite a few cool ones now is an extrafolder folder an option so that it cycles through ur movie/tvshow posters ?

again i wanna say thanks for this awesome skin.
greetz
Voidy
if the answer for this is going to be yes...
so how about the same thing for extra cleararts? Smile
I'm get bored seeing the same icon over and over, actually I just changed or made new(xbmcstuff.com) icons for my TV shows yesterday. But I don't think it's that desirable of a feature for a majority of people...Plus I already have XBMC pulling images from folders for 'extrafanart' and 'logos' probably best to keep that to a minimum...

clearARTS though I'd entertain. Only drawback is do I really want people to adopt another file structure standard? Keeping a extraclearart folder?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
would be fun with extra clearart. but since i wanna grab the clearart from one folder for all my shows, i don't see how it's going to work for me. Big Grin
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
How about cleartart.png, clearart2.png, clearart3.png, etc. ?
That way people with only one clearart wouldn't be annoyed.
Gotta look into it...Pulling randomly from a folder is easy. Not sure out of the root as there are many images - Folder, logo, clearart, fanart. Might have to do some substring tricks.

i would personally love to have mutliple covers (maybe to not stress the machine) make them switch only when u have them selected
I think XBMC should have a generic mechanism like so -

object GetResource (type_of_resource).

The type of resource could be poster/fanart/logo/thumbnail etc. Each of these resource types will have a defined location - e.g. folder called fanart. And also a way to specify multiple entries - e.g. folder called extrafanart.

If there is only 1 entry, then it will be returned. But if there are multiples, a random one is returned. This way each skin will not have to implement this feature and it will work in any screen, and is also easily extensible for other types.

Once again, I may be posting in wrong section but since Night is one of the most advanced skins I hope it can drive adoption of these features.
I'm game for anything but I brought up some points in this thread that the Devs would or already have thought about concerning multiple fanart:

Quote:1. How many Fanarts would you download, or what limit would you put - 5, 10, 15?
1a. Alot of people would probably like no restriction, how would you handle that option?
2. Would you allow for Movies too? Some peoples movie libraries are 800-1000 movies, scrapping and downloading just 5 fanarts per Movie will increase the scrapping time substantially.
3. Same for Music, people have huge libraries
4. What about the strain on the TVDB and theMovieDB, would they like all that increased load on their servers?

I think all users would love it but what goes into it behind the scene is beyond me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1 question and a big thanks for the work0