Can't Make "Music Icon" default to folder of my choice
Hello all, new to XBMC, been using it for about 2 months now and I LOVE IT. I'm normally self reliant, but I'm have a terrible time with an issue on the Home screen.

I tagged all of the music properly, attached thumbnails, and set up all the songs/albums into the folder structure that I like best. Scanned it into XBMC and viola, tune heaven. I pointed the home music icon to the top level (E:\Music) so that it defaults to the folders as I've set them up. Everything was great until I ran out of space.

Getting pinched on GB side I created a partition on my OS drive using Win 7 disc management and moved my tunes there. I deleted the songs off of E: and re-scanned with XBMC pointing at my "new" drive (G). It scanned the drive in and I chose "Make Default", as before, on the folder I want.The problem seems to be that XBMC keeps trying to looking into my first folder chosen. When clicking on Music from the home screen it shows a blank template (lack of better term). On a whim I put a couple of folders back into the first drive and restarted XBMC, sure enough they showed. It seems I don't know how to make it default to my new music location. The music does show in library mode, but I'm not a fan of that. I like my folder structure and can find the music I want to listen to faster if I can simply browse into them. I've tried google, wiki, and have done a quick search here but didn't find anything. Does anyone how I can make XBMC default to that folder?

Info:
Win7 64bit SP1
XBMC 12.1
Aeon Nox Skin

Attempted:
browsing to drive in XBMC after clicking into Music/right click/make default
clearing library in system/music/library and rescanning
adding new drive in file manager via system/file manager/add source then rt clicking on it and "make default"
general lost clicking around, just trying things. It's been a problem for a couple of weeks now.

Any advise would be appreciated.
I finally figured it out.

Go to:
System/Appearance/Skin/Settings/Customizers/Main menu item customizer (backgrounds,widgets)

Browse to the "Icon" in the home screen you're looking for and select
When you select choose type it gives you the chance to browse to where you want it to default.
I browsed to where I wanted and ok'd it.
Tinkered with the rest and done.

Hope this helps another in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Make "Music Icon" default to folder of my choice0