• 47(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
I bet it was related to the migration to the new forums. Post it again?
I posted it after the migration. But I'll rewrite it Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
hey Malard, just placed my order today and am really exited, order #2794.
although after reading this forum im kinda worried. Im gonna get the new revised version right?
Is there anyway to fine out for sure?

Thanks
Hello! anyone gets the cpu running on 100% after pluggin in the dongle?

the remote works perfectly fine, i really like it.

I'm using ubuntu 64bit and an Eeebox with an AMD E-450 Processor.
and after pluggin in the dongle, one core runs on 100% and it doesn't change after removing it. only a restart without the dongle helps.
this doesn't happen in windows 7 64bit.

any idea?
(2012-04-03, 22:34)ibramadhan Wrote: hey Malard, just placed my order today and am really exited, order #2794.
although after reading this forum im kinda worried. Im gonna get the new revised version right?
Is there anyway to fine out for sure?

Thanks

Yes your getting the new revisions, the old revision which sparked most of the posts in this thread has been replaced and all customers should have a replacement by now
New remote and receiver have been working fabulously for a few weeks now, very satisfied Smile
However, the usb receiver (and CEC device btw) do not always get recognized in linux. Either after a boot or a suspend, they will not always start and I have to manually plug it in and out. This is stopping me from putting the receiver in a invisible location and is obviously a problem for the CEC adapter.
Any thoughts on this?
(2012-03-18, 19:05)Malard Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 10:52)Adeiko Wrote: My new remote also arrived. It seems ok... but... well some thought into it:

1- The Play/Pause button is so small and on the top that it's really uncomfortable. Pausing a movie/TV Show it's almost the most used button in my remotes. Every time someone enters the room i want to pause it, and i want to pause it fast, having a small buttom for that is painfull Sad

2- This is a remote made for xbmc... where the hell is the Contextual menu key? Yeah i know you can modify it via xml but still... the second of third most used key in the menus and you have to modify the xml to use it?

3- While i like having a keyboard in the remote, i usually throw it into my couch, and every time i move a little the search menu opens because it blacfliped, would love to disable the auto search when backfliped, at least when i'm playing a video.

4- Sometimes the buttons stop workings for some seconds when you push them repeatedly. Do not know if this is a problem only with my htpc or a usual problem. This is not a hardware problem, because happens with all the buttons.

5- Until i recieved the unit, i thought the on/off button was for doing a shutdown/Wake on Lan on my HTPC. I red the instructions and it seems that it's used to shutdown the remote only, not the htpc. Can anyone confirm this? What's the use for it? Can you mod it to shutdown/WoL your htpc someway (i use XBMCbuntu RC2 live)?

Also would love if someone can confirm how to change the keys in the keyboard with the xml, at first i've read this :

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...yboard.xml

and saw this example:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...r_Nyxboard

I modified my keyboard.xml and put exactly the same as the alternative keyboard.xml but the remote doesn't seem to care, still uses the same keys Sad Can somebody tell me if this info is not updated to eden? if we must edit another xml?

Also if someone can post your custom xml for it so we can get ideas?

Everyone's feelings are different on how big or small the play/pause button should be, this is the decision we (Pulse-Eight) took, that said, we took an existing plastic case from Motorola and got them to change the remote to what I felt the requirements were, regarding the Context menu, this is often a tricky one that is debated, my feeling is, that as a team we are working to remove the context menu, and over the next few releases it will be gone entirely, this is more the case because touch interfaces don't support right click etc to bring up context menus. I felt it would be stupid to end up with a remote that in a couple of releases time had a button no-one used.

The flip action can be disabled via the Preferences menu, and we (Pulse-Eight) will be submitting some patches to the rest of the xbmc team to improve this feature in the coming weeks.

The power key will send VK_SLEEP windows will support this fine, I believe in Linux some hacking needs to be done, there is already a thread on what to do if you search the forums

Does anyone know where this preferences menu is located?
(2012-04-04, 19:20)kingmob Wrote: New remote and receiver have been working fabulously for a few weeks now, very satisfied Smile
However, the usb receiver (and CEC device btw) do not always get recognized in linux. Either after a boot or a suspend, they will not always start and I have to manually plug it in and out. This is stopping me from putting the receiver in a invisible location and is obviously a problem for the CEC adapter.
Any thoughts on this?

I have the new and revised edition of the remote and is experiencing this too, plug out and then in makes Xbmc register the remote. This happens maybe one out of three boots for me.
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
(2012-04-04, 14:07)XanomalieX Wrote: Hello! anyone gets the cpu running on 100% after pluggin in the dongle?

the remote works perfectly fine, i really like it.

I'm using ubuntu 64bit and an Eeebox with an AMD E-450 Processor.
and after pluggin in the dongle, one core runs on 100% and it doesn't change after removing it. only a restart without the dongle helps.
this doesn't happen in windows 7 64bit.

any idea?

if anybody else runs into this problem with your NYXBoard, this helps:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...omments/32

or look into this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126182&page=5
Hi,

(2012-04-04, 21:30)ShannonMS81 Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 19:05)Malard Wrote: The flip action can be disabled via the Preferences menu, and we (Pulse-Eight) will be submitting some patches to the rest of the xbmc team to improve this feature in the coming weeks.

With Confluence skin (beware some 'old' skins don't display the menu) and the remote plug in Wink .

Settings > System > Input devices > Peripherals > Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid
Inside are following settings :
Enable switch side commands (on/off)
Switch to keyboard side command (where you can put an action (or nothing))
Switch to remote side command (action)
Press "user" button command (action)

So you can disabled the search when you flip the remote and / or put custom actions.
(2012-04-05, 11:46)Ladybird Wrote: Hi,

(2012-04-04, 21:30)ShannonMS81 Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 19:05)Malard Wrote: The flip action can be disabled via the Preferences menu, and we (Pulse-Eight) will be submitting some patches to the rest of the xbmc team to improve this feature in the coming weeks.

With Confluence skin (beware some 'old' skins don't display the menu) and the remote plug in Wink .

Settings > System > Input devices > Peripherals > Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid
Inside are following settings :
Enable switch side commands (on/off)
Switch to keyboard side command (where you can put an action (or nothing))
Switch to remote side command (action)
Press "user" button command (action)

So you can disabled the search when you flip the remote and / or put custom actions.

Thanks a bunch Smile Saves me a lot of annoyance. It kept randomly turning on.
I just got my Nyxboard today and the flip search popup is happening randomly to me too. I can jut beholding the remote using it as a remote and not moving or anything and it will pop up.

I am glad to find that this can be disabled, but I thought I would report that it is happening in case it matters to anyone.
Oh god, did we really release v11 with that flip-causes-search-thing on by default?
I suppose this is skin dependent? When I go to settings > system > input devices and then attempt to click on peripherals it does nothing :/

I'm running Aeon MQ3 skin.

Do I need to add a keyboard.xml file somewhere manually first? I went into userdata keymaps and I have nothing.
*EDIT* Ok, scratch that I found the keyboard.xml. I assumed it was in appdata roaming, turns out its in the actual xbmc directory on C: drive.

So, new question - With me not being able to access peripherals through xbmc settings, is there another way that I can disable the onscreen keyboard from randomly popping up?
Switch to Confluence and disable it. Your skin might not support the peripherals dialog.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1