• 49(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
@frieten, because in reality, the remote is a Multimedia Keyboard, so no drivers are needed
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Do we have a solution for the need to 'reset' the receiver yet? Is it maybe possible to write a script to do it without having to do it manually? Not ideal, but better than having to get up and do it at least.
(2012-05-14, 17:12)kingmob Wrote: Do we have a solution for the need to 'reset' the receiver yet? Is it maybe possible to write a script to do it without having to do it manually? Not ideal, but better than having to get up and do it at least.

This is the only problem I have with my remote. It will work flawlessly for a week, and then 5 or 6 times in a row it will require unplugging the adapter after resuming from sleep. I can't find any pattern to the behaviour, and it's only a minor inconvenience, but it sure would be nice to get it resolved.
The disconnect issue has been raised with Pulse-Eight and Motorola are looking into it.
So am I to undersand the issues with this remote still haven't been resolved? I've been sitting on a rev1 of this thing letting it collect dust because it simply doesn't work in a useful manner.
The second remote I got works great. Use it daily.
Still loving this remote!

Has anyone gotten this configured to wake their PC in Ubuntu? I can put my PC to sleep with this, but I have to use my old MCE Remote to wake it back up. I seem to recall a step-by-step in the past, but can't locate it now.

Thanks
(2012-06-11, 22:16)rbrohman Wrote: Still loving this remote!

Has anyone gotten this configured to wake their PC in Ubuntu? I can put my PC to sleep with this, but I have to use my old MCE Remote to wake it back up. I seem to recall a step-by-step in the past, but can't locate it now.

Thanks

Well, mine sort of works now for resuming. I can't really explain what I did, because it's hard to know when this actually started working. Having the remote in XBMC mode (red LED on) and pressing the power button when XBMC PC (mine's Ubuntu based) doesn't turn it on immediately. But I find that if I repeatedly press the power button, usually on the 3rd or 4th press, xbmc fires up. Sometimes it immediately "sleeps" again, but I'm guessing that on those occassions its because I continued pressing power even after the system started to boot up - it's hard to tell when it actually picks up the signal to boot up as I can't actually see the PC from the couch.
Quick question for Nyxboard users. The family is heavy WMC users as well as XMBC so compatibility in both is key.

In this review it states the mapped key for EPG is F3, which according to them doesn't trigger the guide in WMC. From previous posts, it's Ctrl-G which brings up the guide. Which is true?

Can the colored buttons be mapped to different key combinations instead of actual programs? For instance, Recorded TV on WMC is Ctrl-O, or to simply start recording, CTRL-R. Can the keys be changed that those buttons press, or can registry entries be modified to instead is the default button presses those nyxboard buttons send?
Lovely remote this and I am enjoying using this. One question I have is I have many TV episodes I have already watched and would like to mark this as watched. Is it possible to program the USER button to mark episodes as watched? If so can you please help as to how? Also is there a way to configure all the colored buttons on the remote?

Thank You
Just flip it over and use W
All,

I have been reading through this thread and working with the keyboard.xml. I have had mixed results; but I was using Microsoft Notepad; and I have just switched to Notepad++, so I will try that to see if I can get my keyboard.xml file recognized under Userdata before I ask for assistance with that; however what I would like to ask is about programming the User button to act as the Escape key. I have looked for help on this, but I have not been able to find or I just don't understand the code that needs to be used to map the User button to Escape. My goal here is to take advantage of some of the work being done that allows you to launch a Metro App (Windows 8) and then get back to XMBC through exiting the Metro App via an Escape key stroke.

I have worked with the Nyxboard, which I just purchased, and so far so good. My main frustration with programming the keystrokes is finding the code references that need to be used to remap any of the keys.

Thanks in advance
Just got the nyxboard remote to go with my xios ds using the linux build has anyone had any luck getting the volume down to work or mute. It also wont continuously scroll if I hold down the arrow button wtf.
Question 
Hi,
I've been using ther NYXBoard remote for about 3 months ~ and its brilliant.. i luv it.
The only real problem (and i think its a big problem) - is Battery life!! On average, i find the batteries last for about 5 weeks, before they're flat!
~ So it has terrible battery life.

I also have a very old (like 7yr old) logitech Cordless mouse plugged into the Media Centre.
Sometimes i wont touch the NYXBoard for over a week (and just use the mouse instead) - but it seems the frequency of how often the remote is used makes no difference on the battery life.
Oh... and the battery's in this old Cordless Logitech Mouse last's for about 1.5yrs.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm using XBMC v12.1 on Windows 7 64bit, with the Hybrid Skin...
Running on a Core 2 Duo, with 4GB RAM & a Radeon 5450 1GB Graphics Card.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1